Mickey Thompson minibike?

Steve G.,My brother bought me a mickey bike back in 1966 or 1967 for Christmas and I still have it to this day.I was about 12 when I got it and now I am 54.Yes the bike was built by King-O-Lawn and was a competition orange with a picture of Mickey Thompson on the front fork support plate.My only mistake was repainting it yellow for my son,wish I had left the orange color.

Steve G.,My brother bought me a mickey bike back in 1966 or 1967 for Christmas and I still have it to this day.I was about 12 when I got it and now I am 54.Yes the bike was built by King-O-Lawn and was a competition orange with a picture of Mickey Thompson on the front fork support plate.My only mistake was repainting it yellow for my son,wish I had left the orange color.
Thanks for the info. Yours was the other model that had a decal on the front with Mickey's face. I've seen a blue one of these before.

Most of them were a slightly different frame that looked virtually the same, and had the die cast plate riveted to the frame like in the pic in the earlier post.

I've been trying to figure out which style came first, and was thinking the one with the metal plate tag and the slightly different frame would be the earlier one but your timeline is fairly early. I'd sure like to know how it all came about...

With all the talk about the Mickey Bike lasting over the months of last winter. I was in my shop and moving some parts around and discovered that I have one Mickey Bike wheel and I went back out to see if the marking inside the wheel were there and it is small letters JD int. A friend who does a lot of salvage gave it to me a year ago. So I guess all the talk and education does pay off.
Steve :scooter:

Sorry for the lame first post, I had a heck of a time trying to upload the pics. I just bought this bike and am pretty stoked. Thanks to everyone on this site for the great info. I bought it from a guy who says it has been in his family since new. He said it is all origional except for the handlebars. Engine is a 3hp Briggs & Stratton. I am a hot rodder and big M/T fan and really happy to have this bike.

With all the talk about the Mickey Bike lasting over the months of last winter. I was in my shop and moving some parts around and discovered that I have one Mickey Bike wheel and I went back out to see if the marking inside the wheel were there and it is small letters JD int. A friend who does a lot of salvage gave it to me a year ago. So I guess all the talk and education does pay off.
Would you care to part with this wheel Steven? I still need a set for my Mickey bike.

Lazy, nice find. And all complete too:thumbsup:
What are the numbers stamped on the engine?

Mac

Hi, just found one at the l.b. swap meet, thought you might enjoy.
I'm surprised you found it, I told the guy to make a sign to say it was a Mickey Thompson minibike.
He made a sign " Mickey Tohmpson"...Glad you figured it out. I just wanted the clutch cover.

Yeah, the tape was on there, the #1 looks origional to me, but who knows? Engine #s are Model 80202, Type 0016-01, Code 79102601.

Mark G : I will say it was ScooterBoy's suggestion for the wheel swap. And it will not just sit in my garage and remind me that I don't have a real need for it. So we both win and good luck with the continued hunt.

Well then a big thanks to scooterboy too.:thumbsup:

I have swapped parts with a few members here on OldMiniBikes now, and each time everyone was happy.
I've been soaking the bearing with PB blaster and I'll let it sit for a few weeks, but when I get it cleaned up I'll post a pic.

Yep, real bummer. I've been on the hunt for one of these for years. A guy I know in AZ has one that he's been dangling in front of me all along since his is the first I'd heard of. He's not a Minibike guy, and was supposedly going to let me get it, but never felt like shipping it, but I could drive to AZ to pick it up. Now he won't let it go.

Finally got mine last year, but need some parts.

This one lands in my backyard LOL

And nobody's really into them...

Here's the one that's been dangling in front of me:
You should see it now :laugh: :scooter: