Mikuni 22m throttle cable + throttle clamp ?

Bikerscum

I have the 22 Mik on my DB/Pred. I bought the OldMiniBikes , um, "deluxe " or something like that throttle control. And, a $5 Wal Mart set of universal bicycle cables.... there's like a half dozen in the kit + end pieces.

A little cutting & soldering & I was good.

george3

I need some help finding a whole throttle set up that will work with the mikuni on a mini bike. Been looking around on ebay, but don't want to make a wrong purchase so hopefully some of you guys can help me out.

I was looking at this
Throttle Cable Clamp SDG SSR CRF50 CRF70 CRF100 XR CRF 50 70 100 Pit Bike ATV | eBay

and than using the twist grip from my mini.. Do you guys think that will work? Or is there an easier way to do it?
that cable is way too short

125ccCrazy

I use standard throttle cable, cut it to length and solder a piece of 3/32 brass tubing on the carb end... You will have to measure a few times...

MB165

I have slide carbs on both my hopped up minis. I went with pitbike throttle assemblies like these:

1 4 Turn Red Color CNC Throttle Clamp for 7 8 KLX 110 Pit Dirt Bike KX 65 | eBay

New Black Billet Throttle Clamp CRF50 KLX 110 Pit Bike 7 8 Bar Bike SSR 22mm | eBay

those are pricey, this will work too and its reasonable:
Black Throttle Handle Grip Handle Bar for SSR Coolster Pit Dirt Bike Parts | eBay

The stock DB 30 throttle works too, its a copy of a Honda CR dirtbike.

Cables, I guess you could solder a drop onto the end and fab your own. If you want to go premade, you need the carb end to have the 'barrel' type end on it and as George3 says too short.....most cables, even ones 36" are too short to reach down behind our right leg to the carb. I tried three, now in my parts stash that wont work on the minibikes... Be aware that some measure the inner wire, so the housing will be even shorter. I personally use a cable for a 1985 CR500. Im sure there are other part numbers which will work, but I have that bike and was able to pull it off and try it. The length is perfect for the clones and even my raptor DB30 needed that extra length.
Good luck, Pete.

I went to a bike shop and had them cut me a brake cable (for throttle) to the exact measurement I needed. Was like 10 bucks for the cable and the "labor" was free. They also capped it with the smallest lead stop they had, which fit perfect in my grip. Just an idea

MB165

I went to a bike shop and had them cut me a brake cable (for throttle) to the exact measurement I needed. Was like 10 bucks for the cable and the "labor" was free. They also capped it with the smallest lead stop they had, which fit perfect in my grip. Just an idea
good deal right there. How did they do the end, did they mold it on?