Mini baja gas tank questions

buckeye

I've been watching for one of these. The helo tank is as cheape as I have seen.
Maybe a dumb question but, can you get that graffic off without repainting??

We are talking about taking the original fake tanks off the Mini Baja and making them real tanks. Is that something you think you can do? I dont know if the metal is too thin or not. A tank like this one. It would also need a functioning cap and petcock.
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices . Trying to make it look as close to original as possible. Randy
Does the frame protrude up into the fake tank? I can DEFINITELY weld a bottom and a cap onto that tank.

Here's what it looks like now with a new Greyhound 6.5 hp "Clone":

Here's a side pic with the stock Lifan 6.5 hp engine and also before I put the headlight back on:

Tank looks good but I think the open space under it will drive me crazy. I may have to make a custom helmet holder. Maybe a skull it can sit on while not in use. Is there enough room for a helmet there? Old school metal flake open face of course. Randy

Tank looks good but I think the open space under it will drive me crazy. I may have to make a custom helmet holder. Maybe a skull it can sit on while not in use. Is there enough room for a helmet there? Old school metal flake open face of course. Randy
Yeah, I wasn't too crazy about all that open space between the tank and engine myself. I eventually painted the Greyhound tank that came on the engine black, added a chrome cap for a little "bling", and put it back on the motor. I'm thinking about maybe using it as a reserve tank and put a valve between the two tanks.

Before without Greyhound tank:

After with Greyhound tank:

I guess you could mount a helmet holder in there. :hammer: :weld: :grind:

The china bike gas tanks do not accept a standard petcock, threads are close but don't jive but since yours is a repop for a Chaparral I would think a standard 3/8" fitting would work. I forced one with thread sealer for my DB and it doesn't leak after 3yrs but I would tap it or replace it if I do it again. The bicycle tank petcocks also do not flow enough fuel to keep up with a good size engine.