Mini Baja MB165 swap in 125cc

First post here but have been reading posts for some time. I have a MB165 and am looking to have some more fun with it. I take this camping and drive around at home and am thinking I want to add a 125cc 4 speed manual dirt bike engine.

I am thinking of this motor as it also comes with the other parts I will need.
Lifan 125cc Engine Motor Pit Dirt Pocket Bike Combo Kit | eBay

Here is a guy that put something similar in
Paul’s Bike Shop • Sackville, New Brunswick Canada

Anyways just wanted to get some input to see what you guys think. Is there a certain 125cc you would go with and has anyone on here done this? Thanks guys!

I did this before & I wasnt to pleased, the bike with those 19" tires & heavy frame made mine feel underpowered. But im quitè sure if u play with rear spocket tooth count u will end up with a fun bike.:laugh:

CarPlayLB

I used the automatic Lifan 4 speed motor on my bar stool racer and it scoots. Will pull the front wheels in first and second gear! The whole barstool has to weigh over 100 lbs, the trailer another 20, me at 250, and the wife riding the keg on the back....will still pull wheelies and go 45-50mph! I am very impressed with the little Lifan motor, and it's a bargain for what you pay for it!
The are 4 holes in the bottom of the engine case. I used those for motor mounts. I figure if they are strong enough for the foot pegs and the weight of some riders, it would be OK for mounts. I don't know if I would do the clutch version...the auto is easy and a bit more forgiving...good luck with the project ...and pics are worth a thousand words, and I suck at typing!

I used the automatic Lifan 4 speed motor on my bar stool racer and it scoots. Will pull the front wheels in first and second gear! The whole barstool has to weigh over 100 lbs, the trailer another 20, me at 250, and the wife riding the keg on the back....will still pull wheelies and go 45-50mph! I am very impressed with the little Lifan motor, and it's a bargain for what you pay for it!
The are 4 holes in the bottom of the engine case. I used those for motor mounts. I figure if they are strong enough for the foot pegs and the weight of some riders, it would be OK for mounts. I don't know if I would do the clutch version...the auto is easy and a bit more forgiving...good luck with the project ...and pics are worth a thousand words, and I suck at typing!
Thanks for the info. So you have the auto one? Or is it the semi auto? :confused: