mini bike track time

Hello everyone, I just got word from one of my vintage karting buddies about some track time at the brodhead, WI vintage kart event at the sugar river raceway, July 7th-9th.

This is the message I got from him:
It looks like Marshal is going to offer mini bike track time at the Brodhead VKA event. A couple practice sessions on Thursday and at least one maybe 2 practices on Friday. Going to be $40 including pit pass, beer and wine tasting, dinner and a mini bike class during the Friday kart show.

That's hard to beat for the $40 buks. This is all I know for now but if I get any more information I will post it for sure. You can check out the sugarriverraceway.com for track information.

That's great. I talked to the guys at a swap/rat rod show last year and ask if they ever thought about minibikes on the track and they said no.

Just got this email around 8 pm. As I get info I'll be posting it here.

Jim / All,

The way things look right now, we are going to have mini bike track time at Brodhead. Get Brandon and Bro ready.
Marshal agreed with the concept today.
$40 entry for mini bikes, 2 practice sessions on Thursday, 1 or 2 sessions on Friday, and mini bikes are part of the kart show.ha No race but they get some track time. Dinner and pit passes included. Pretty good deal for $40.ha
Efforts will also be made to have car guys (cruise night style) line the straight fence on Friday. If anyone shows it should add some excitement and fun.
This year weekly event trailers will be cleared for our event, more bug control efforts, some laser leveling is to be done. On Thursday the kart activity will be shut down for about an hour. During which time attendees will be encouraged to visit with each other rather than thrashing in the pits. Long line waiting for steak is going to be eliminated. Beef sandwiches and pulled pork, instead. Waiting in line for long periods just does not work for many of us. More tables will be set up so more can be seated. More cheese than before, beer tasting still part of the action.
Looks like the raffle will include a Yamaha, and maybe a McCulloch too, kart covers with the Brodhead logo and a bunch of other good stuff. Classes with more than 12 will be split to light and heavy. Trophies for both. The grid will not be split but high point light guy and high point normal weight guys both win in classes with more than 12.ha
In my opinion these additions and changes should add even more value and fun to this already great event.

This will be great and is 5 minutes from my house . Have been talking to Marshall about minibikes on the track and as Rick said the answer has been No . This a really great track that has been around a long time . Bring mosquito lotion because it is right on the Sugar River . There was alot of vintage Karts and swap meet .

Hey everyone just another heads up. This message was sent to Joe Wislar in an effort to help get the word out to mini bikers. I believe that joe puts on the whiteknucklescramble.com it's an excellent mini bike and vintage kart event at concept haulers motor speedway in Sheridan, il. I'm hoping to get a flyer soon so I can get it posted. I just want to be sure everyone stays informed.
Marshal Fairman (Brodhead track owner) has agreed to add mini bikes to the VKA event at Brodhead. He is gong to offer 3 20 minute track sessions on Thursday and 2 track sessions on Friday. There will be a Friday dinner, mini bike show and beer and wine tasting on Friday eve. Cost for a mini bike entry is only $40. The event at Brodhead typically draws about 85 plus vintage karts. I was hoping you could help get the word out. This event is held on July 7 & 8. Karts will finish up on Saturday the 9th. The Brodhead Wisconsin track has been in operation for over 50 years and is a blast to drive. Please let me know what you think. Event flyer to follow.

Yes, I put on the Scramble. It's nice to see another track allowing minibikes, but it's not racing, just exhibition runs. I imagine that if this inaugural year goes well that they may allow limited racing in the future. I'm glad to see the vintage kart community expanding its focus. Here's the flyer. 0001.jpg