Mini with bad vibration.

I have a mini bike with a Tecumsah 3.5 hp motor. It has the torque converter and when setting there running it's fine but when taking it for a ride it has a really bad vibration thatalmost knocks you off the seat. What can I look for to get rid of this?

check the belt some times if the belt has a chunk out of it, it will bounce around. also check the chains and sprockets. It seems like the problem is in the tav system

Don't know if it always done it as I just bought it. But I'll check the belt, sprocket and chain. Asphalt,,,,,,,,,gd one. Of corse though I was runnin it in the bumpy yard.

OldMan

One other thing is to make sure the motor plate is solid... I believe the motor can induce vibration into the whole frame thru a wimpy mount.

Mac

........Bearcamp,
When you find the problem I hope you'll let us know.
I'm losing a lot of sleep over it.

I used rubber tires off a model car like motor mounts, running the mounting bolts through them, and rotated through them tightening untill they looked like they might pop. So far its worked great.

george3

bearcamp, also check flywheel, maybe someone broke some fins off, that will throw the balance out!.
dave
Check the flywheel fins first and pull it to clean the grease and build up off the back side. I would check the engine plate welds first, and the engine mounting bolts.