minibike finish

CLH

Pwn3d

Have a question.
Im new to the mini bike world
Im restoring a bike, think its a Fox
The handle bars have a ton of play
I think there should be a bushing in the cylinder that the bolt goes through to attach the forks?
Is this correct, if so where do you find these at?
Thanks Rob
Create a new thread

Great job

I love it!

You have done a fantastic job on this mini and It looks like your youngster is going to have a pile of on it

Top job mate:thumbsup:

delray

i just added a small video of my generater setup and lights running on the bike. i modified the headlight so it uses led lights and are brighter then the original 6volt bulb. i am using a small sealed orange led light on my foot pegs. bike lights up good at night. no batterys to replace or bulbs:thumbsup: just get on and go:thumbsup:
YouTube - minibike lights

Was the bike elevated during that video? I mean, the way you have the generator hooked up, the chain has to move for lights (power), so the tire must have been off the ground? I was thinking of using a generator with a pto to have lights at idle or a stop. Real nice work there bro! Chain gaurd is sweet.

delray

yes spacecoastz,the wheel was off the ground,so the generater could spin:thumbsup:
i have been thinking of using a secondary pto shaft on my next generater setup.
like this

the only problem is that the pto turns slower,so at idle it may not have enough volts to run the lights. i also notes with led lights it does not take alot of juice to make them work. maybe at idle i would still have lights:thumbsup: it's one of those things you just have to try?

Delray, How old is your boy? Mine is coming up on ten, wow they grow fast!!! He just learned to keep his balance on a 16 in bicycle, I'm doing a pair of bonanza's for him and his brother, with a 2 1/2 hp briggs, Mom says he's too young to ride yet, but I think he's close.
The mini looks real good, I think it should be mini of the month for 3 months, but hent will be back in a day or 2, we'll see what happens!!!
dave

delray

dave, my stepson was ten when he first road it:thumbsup:
yes 2 1/2 hp will be enough for him to learn and ride on and still have fun too. i had to slip a piece tube over the throttle cable to keep it from going to fast and the engine on his bike is a 3hp tecumseh. just make sure you gear it down good. my setup is 410/350-6 tire with a 72 rear sprocket. if you can get a jackshaft in your bike? gear it down maybe little more to be on the safe side. if you keep the governor on and use a clutch setup the bike will take off good and the governor keep the bike from turning to many rpm's when he has the throttle wide open........:scooter:

"the only problem is that the pto turns slower,so at idle it may not have enough volts to run the lights. i also notes with led lights it does not take alot of juice to make them work. maybe at idle i would still have lights it's one of those things you just have to try?"

........................................................................................................................
I was thinking maybe gearing it to speed up the generator? Your limited with the room between the crank and pto, but surely you can throw a larger gear on the pto and a smaller one on the generator? Just brain farting....

delray

different pulley sizes,yes that would be something to try:thumbsup: i was thinking of using a small 25 chain sprocket setup or maybe a small belt setup that one of the guys(oldsalt) thought too that might work from a r.c. setup or xl belts ?
you mean a small pulley on the pto shaft and a larger on the generater...............:thumbsup:

Last edited:
different pulley sizes,yes that would be something to try:thumbsup: i was thinking of using a small 25 chain sprocket setup or maybe a small belt setup that one of the guys(oldsalt) thought too that might work from a r.c. setup or xl belts ?
you mean a small pulley on the pto shaft and a larger on the generater...............:thumbsup:
No, I meant the bigger one on the pto. Smaller (faster) on the generator. The cam(pto) is already reduced from crankshaft speed 2:1 just reverse that ratio and you would have a 1:1 crankshaft speed. Adjust accordingly from there. Now that pto spins backwards, are those generators directional? I would think not.

I may have missed it in the earlier posts, did you make the exhaust? I have the same Tec. on a Bird. Need to do the same S bend as you. Actually a 180 followed by a 90 degree bend.The whole bike is just sweet.

Thanks for that link. "final assemble of the generator,one thing i want to make sure is that the sprocket is turning in the right direction when the generator is mounted and also adding little loctite."
So the generator is directional? Meaning you get current if it's rotated in one direction only? I wondered about that, but figured it wasn't.