Model A Frame for Kart?

Ok,

I have a 1928 model A rolling chassis, and today I was given a Craftsman Lawn Tractor with a 14 horse Vanguard motor. I have not had any luck selling the chassis, and now am thinking of using the frame rails to make a Go Kart out of the two. Would it be worth my time or just plain stupid? All answers are welcome.

Kelly

I can't believe you're havin' trouble selling that chassis...there are several companies making fiberglass body kits for that 'old school hot rod' project everybody is dying to do...

HMMM, Ok....Where are you located and what are you asking for the roller? I need another project like a hole in the head but i would like to know. thanks much. jonnybiker

I am down in Sioux City Iowa. It is just the rolling frame, with the front axle and rear end. I do have a motor and a cowl at a friends house if I ever go get it. I was trying to get $150 out of the frame and axles. I also have a 1928 Willy's Whippet 2 door sedan, that is a basket case, but it does have the original Frame body and complete chassis, that I would get rid of for about $600

I just have to many projects, I have the 4 mini's and am in the middle of a body swap of my 1960 ford f250 to a 1974 LTD chassis. It will be in the weeds....

Kelly

Hi There,
I sure wish someone would buy your Model A chassis. I HATE to see or hear about them being scraped or cut up or even roded. We have a 1929 Model A Truck. Its got real character...or is it that its got real characters driving it?! Anyway, give it a little more time before you cut it up.
In the meantime, continue having fun with your many projects.
borntoride2