Monkey trax-more than 2 wheels entry

WrenchDad

i think the 8hp will have plenty of power.i did get a few sprockets so i can change the gearing.not looking to have a speed demon.

Yeah I guess thats really what I was asking (sprockets for gearing) I think the power plant will be fine. That track set up is pretty big, I just wondered what kind of torque it might need. I hope you get a test drive soon , Looks Good.

deceided to use some differant forks. since the forks will be fixed and not turn i would've had to cut the bars and the bottom of the legs off the gilson forks.looked at a few junky bikes i have and found these fox forks that already had the bars chopped off. i will be adding a steering shaft to them to steer the skis.the forks fit perfectly.

got the spindles and tie rods and a few other parts coming.

Last edited:
almost like a go kart buck. i'll put a steering shaft in the middle between the forks and it will be hooked up to tie rods that will go to the spindles that turn the ski's

it is electric start. you plug it into an extension cord. and it think it's already got a lighting coil.
the snowblower did have a light on it

got the ski's all mounted up today.next will be the stearing shaft
just put one long tie rod on to keep them together for now.
probably add some gussetts after the shaft is done

Nice!

At first I was thinking you were going to do one ski per fork tube and have independent front suspension, but that will work. :thumbsup:

thought about that but wanted to space them apart farther and also would have to some how keep the lower tubes from spinning.the springs on the skis will give them alittle independent suspension.trying to keep it kinda simple.

thanks guys :thumbsup:

steering's all hooked up

modified a snowmobile steering shaft for it.
the shaft will just slide up and down in the upper tube.
got the sled bars somewhere might use them unless their buried outside under 10 feet of snow :doah: