Montgomery Ward Rebuild

Someone had welded a plate to reinforce original fork plate/support. Bad job, I plan on grinding off added plate at welds/both sides and rebuild/reinforce original plate. May have to fab new fork tees out of 3/16 plate. Any ideas/input would be appreciated.:shrug:

I can't tell which piece was added. I can see a large crack in the tube though.

I'd find a replacement or rebuild the whole thing. Once you refab the 3/16 trees, you're about there anyway. If you need to replace shock perches, I've been looking on line and have seen some steel automotive freeze plugs. Measured some of my Cats and it was the same, just needed a bigger center hole.

125ccCrazy

With that weled on where it is the fork springs can't be used, the tubes look pretty worn out, so the lower legs will be real sloppy.... I'd toss that mess in the scrap bin and look for a nicer front end...

After I get everything sandblasted and get me grinder to work on the welds, I'll make a decision. I'm a retired Iron Worker, had my own business many years ago and I kick myself in the pants for not keeping one of the Hobarts and torch kits I had. I plan on picking up a wire feed Harbor Freight unit for this project. I can get all the material I need from one of the steel shops here on the Island so rebuilding wont be a hassel.
The blasting will bring everything out. Thanks for all the feedback....this is fun.