Montgomery Wards Arco's

Here's a nice pair of bikes. Both are 1978's, I picked them up last week at auction. I just got a chance to wash them off and see what I had:scooter:
The 10" bike has a warranty replacement engine, HS50 and it's a bearing engine!:scooter:

The 6" bike has the EZ Rider tires still on it:thumbsup: It is a HS40.

Nice find. Is one for dad ?
Thanks, he has one of each like these but his are A/R.

WOW :thumbsup: Super Score..
Thank you.

nice randy:thumbsup: and just think i use to have a purple seat:doah: with the same design.
Thanks. The gold seat is real nice still. The black one is not. I remember seeing these available NOS but I havent for some time. I would like to get a black one.

Oooooohhhhhh those 6" wheels......:freakout:
Mike Peek has some wheels I think? You may want to PM him "peekster" He's a nice guy until you get to know him:laugh:

Randy, those are some nice looking minis. I sure do like that second mini there, with the complete suspension on the front and back. I'm looking for a roller something like that, but without a motor. :thumbsup: :biggrin:

delray

hey randy i just pickup a wards/arco. it looks to have most of the hard parts there. the only real thing i would be missing is the chain gaurd. i may need your help in the future on making a template out of paper,so i can bend a cover up just like yours:thumbsup: maybe a new sticker would be get too. looks to have a speedway/or rupp seat fab on to the bike.chrome buttons are rap under the seat so you can't see them and the back board is sagging. no problem with that. think i can make something look good again.:thumbsup: everything is real dirty and dusty. bike was sitting in a old horse barn for X amount of years.
from what photo's and info i have found on this bike,the engine should be a HS-50 with a short header style pipe and muffler with a very short style tail pipe.
my friend purchase one like this and the engine was also date coded 1978. i think i am set for the correct engine too,with pipe system:thumbsup:

heres my engine i have for it. date code 1978

friends bike i posted awile back,also has the header pipe setup

A nice bushwhacker! Mine will never be restored, I'm gonna make a rider for company out of it with a good engine and brakes. It'll look much as it does now as it's been butchered beyond the point of no return. Bought it for the tank for my EZRider anyway, it was free past that!