Montgomery Wards bike comes to life

This was the $40 roller I bought a couple of weeks ago . Had it sandblasted , welded on new footpegs, and heated and bent the bars forward for better riding position. Here is the progress so far.

Duplicolor ...Ford red.Wheels were bead blasted and cleared :hammer:

Before

Today

In a coupke weeks. Very nice. Where do you find that much time.
Thanx guys.

Actually I just sent it off to the blaster and ordered all the parts from OldMiniBikes whse, and then dropped it off at my welder guy...and a couple of late nights and some beer and here we are.:laugh:

Now do I go with a big block Tec or a small block :shrug: I have one of each ready to go, I am working on a Bonanza BC1100 too, and I am not sure which motor its gonna get. I am leaning towards the H50

You paint that, your hired!. Did you make that decal too? That is slick.:thumbsup:
Actually its a very cool color, but if I had to do it again i would have saved it for a cleaner frame. This bike was neglected and pitted, as most Ohio bikes are, and it shows every little imperfection. Its a 5 footer for sure :laugh:. The decals are from ( Cafe press) They are really nice quality decals.

(Vintage Evil 006 Decal by factory1969| CafePress.co.uk)

(http://www.cafepress.com/+speed_demon_003_sticker_oval,515692087)

TomH

Yeah, love that color. Reminds me of an old GM color called firethorn red. Might be a 5 footer to you, but looking at what you started with, and what it is now, everybody wants it...course we're cheap round here, but that bike will get the looks where ever it goes.

TomH

Fits in there just fine. Looks like Randy loved on that motor a bit. Wish he lived closer, I have a hs40 I am a bit skerd to mess with.

Fits in there just fine. Looks like Randy loved on that motor a bit. Wish he lived closer, I have a hs40 I am a bit skerd to mess with.
Yeah Randy completely rebuilt the motor and I have been saving it for 5 months for just the right bike. I think this is the bike best suited for it.:thumbsup:

These bikes from what I have seen came with a HS50 and a TAV.They must have been pretty torquey with that 72 tooth sprocket.A real rocket out of the hole for a little kid, no doubt.