Montgomery Wards - who is it really?

old-timer

Scamming Member
To do a "correct" resto on that....5 HP mini bike style big block, that remote gas tank, and the clutch cover.... are all "big number" items = $$$$!!

I would rebuild the Tecumseh that's on it...paint the bike, and have some fun with it.....

I think somebody might repro the decal kit for that..........good luck

:thumbsup:

I agree with KK :thumbsup: I just did up a Tec 3.5 for my build off bike. You can get the decal kit on ebay. You prob just need to clean up or rebuild the carb, as this is a common problem on these :thumbsup:

Post up some better pics so we can get a better look at it.:smile:

Vic

Beware the Tecumseh coil....

We had one that did the same thing. Had good spark when you checked it. However, once it fired, 4-5 revolutions after it would die. Fought the carb forever. Tried a carb of my running bike. I told my Dad we need to swap the cool out and see. Sure enough it fired right up. Now Trailhopper owns it...:)

Thanks for the coil heads up. I'm going to tear into it tonight and see what's what. Here is another photo I will take some more tonight as well.

One more question, The left side jackshaft has a 30 tooth sprocket, right side has a 12 tooth and the wheel has a right side 36 tooth. How many teeth should I run on the clutch?

Last edited:
I believe there is a jackshaft calculator in the engine section stickies at the top? I'd look for 6:1 or 6.5:1 with a smaller engine so it has decent take off.

Because of the color, and the spot for the headlight bracket. My guess is its a 424XE. It would have had a hs-40.

Last edited:
Thanks kc57. That is it exactly. Here are some update photos. Put a new 7hp motor in it and am going to do an Evel Knevel tribute for the summer before I totally restore it to factory.

Last edited: