More Mods To The Mini !!!!

i finally put a chain tensioner on my mini ,it is a pain , i guess this frame is not designed to have a honda motor on it only l- blocks, nothing lines up everything had to be cut moved and modified . so i built this it was easy. skateboard wheel ,flat stock, spring off of carb linkage. not to bad i don`t have much room since i moved the motor back . hell it works real good thats all that matters . now for a brake system. tell me what you thinkalways open for good advise. :hack::grind:

Last edited:
i might have asked you this before, but where did you get that rear tire? i haven't had any luck finding a rounded slick and it's a bit squirrely using the squared off one.

rear slick

i might have asked you this before, but where did you get that rear tire? i haven't had any luck finding a rounded slick and it's a bit squirrely using the squared off one.
i got the slick from tractor supply $20.99 front tire for zero turn mowers

i put the wheel on top because i have no room on bottom and to be honest with you there is no slack in the bottom of the chain at all , no more chain slap in moves freely even when it gets to the tight spot in the chain the wheel can move up . so no problems !!

i just checked the site and it doesn't look like they have any that would work. did i just totally miss it or something?

edit:

is this the one i'd need for a 6" wheel? Smooth Tire, 13 x 5.00 - 6, 4 Ply

i'm not sure if this link will work.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp...10551_10001_43793_-1______?rFlag=true&cFlag=1

double edit: i think i can just make out the 13x5x6 on your tire. i'll just wait for a conformation before ordering.

Last edited:
yes thats the one , just make sure your rims are that wide . i took two sets of gokart rims and made one rear rim so i could get width i wanted.

i'm currently running 4.10/3.50-6 tires. would i be able to run one of these tires?

how hard was it to get the hub/sprocket set up to work using the go kart rims?

with the wheel i have now it's spaced pretty far to the left to get the sprocket to line up. i'd be happy if i could get a set up that would center it more and would be willing to buy a whole new wheel/hub/sprocket assembly to do so.

i got new shocks and will be running different hardware that will give me a bit more clearance on the left.

Last edited:
only a little bit. :lol:

it took some time to get used to it. i don't have any problems with it now. the squared off slick is more of an issue than the wheel being way to the left.

hey ,i took halfs and put them together. they were meant for 1" axels so i took one half of each rim cause one side only let the threaded end of the axel fit through which is 3/4" and went to tractor supply and found bearings that fit in side the rim with a shaft size of 5/8" and thats how i got 5" rims those rims you got are only 3 1/2" wide most likely not going to work you have room in the frame just get a wider rim for the tire.

ok, i'll have to see what i can figure out. i've spent a bunch on parts for my Cat lately so i'll hold off for a little while before i start experimenting. between all that crap and the stuff i've bought for my camping trip this weekend (ammo is getting expensive) i'm low on money to blow on stuff.

i wonder if having some sort of spacer to put in between the wheel halves would work. i could run a spacer that's close to 1.5" wide with the rear hub i have and still be able to mount the wheel. i'll have to talk to some of my friends and see if they know anyone with a CNC machine or something. it could be interesting to try that and see if it actually works.

how wide is the wheel you have on the rear?

Last edited:
save the money azusa has rims look for gokart front rims they are wide and you can put different size bearings for your shaft size. that would be the easiest thing to do

(ammo is getting expensive) i'm low on money to blow on stuff. by the way what`s up with everyone buying guns and ammo !! don`t tell me you guy`s believe in all the crazy obama stories, hell next you`ll be pulling all your money out of the bank thinking he`s going to take it from you . and he is the anti-christ and the world is going to end in 2012 ha ha ha .no not you guy`s were all to smart for conspiracies ( i hope! ) :doah: LOL

i'm going camping this weekend down in Jawbone (BLM land) and we can shoot there. we're going to have 25-30 guns there so i need ammo. we pretty much spend all day saturday shooting.:lol: (here's the ammo list so far: .32 S&W long, 12g, .44 magnum, 30.06, .45ACP, .22LR, .22mag, .223, .30, 30/30, .38 special, 9mm). it's going to be a fun trip except for the 6 hour drive down there.

anyways, i just talked to a friend of mine and it looks like we could do the spacer on a mill. he's got one that's at friend's shop right now and he's going to talk to him and see how much he wants to do this for me (if he's not too busy). if that doesn't work, the guy that owns the shop my friend works at can do it. either way i should be able to try the spacer for less than it would cost to buy a wheel.

Jim,

it should be 5" wide to run that tire right? if that's the case i have plenty of room to do that on my hub.

even if this isn't the best idea i really want to try it now and see if it works. the guys that would be doing this know what the hahahaha they're doing so if it's a bad idea i know they'll say so.

Last edited:
that`s cool yes 5" wide good luck enjoy your weekend i`m just busting balls about the obama stuff , that`s all i hear he`s the devil and gonna take our money and guns away from us . so i think it`s funny my bad

i know, i didn't take it the wrong way at all. i just felt like talking about my camping trip because i'm excited. this is the only vacation i take each year and it's always fun.

i'll post up about how this spacer works if i don't kill myself. :lol:

/knocks on wood

i think i hijacked your thread enough now. it can go back to talking about your tensioner which i think is pretty cool.

:thefinger:

Last edited:
i'm going camping this weekend down in Jawbone (BLM land) and we can shoot there. we're going to have 25-30 guns there so i need ammo. we pretty much spend all day saturday shooting.:lol: (here's the ammo list so far: .32 S&W long, 12g, .44 magnum, 30.06, .45ACP, .22LR, .22mag, .223, .30, 30/30, .38 special, 9mm). it's going to be a fun trip except for the 6 hour drive down there...
Don't forget the beer! I'm glad to live in the west, where there's still lots of BLM & USFS public land to ride dirt bikes, shoot guns, camp out, etc. Since this is a 2-wheel forum, I hope everyone's an AMA member. They may not be the best and brightest in some respects (sale of pro-racing properties to DMG debacle, for instance) but they do work hard to keep public lands open and protect your right to ride.

American Motorcyclist: The Official Site of the American Motorcyclist Association

Oh, yeah, I agree the tensioner is really cool. Nice job. :thumbsup:

Last edited: