Motovox rebuild

I finely have some free time now that I’m done with college so my #2 boy thought it would be a good Idea to rebuild the Motovox. I’m pretty sure I have every thing to rebuild it. It’s going to be a stock build for the most part. Mainly paint. We’ve already bought the paint so here we go…..
We tore cown the bike first. I fired up the parts washer and Jaret degreased the frame and forks. This is Jaret washing down the frame to get solvent off of everything. Next is to remove the decals and start sanding on the frame. The paint is pretty good so we are not going to sandblast it right now.

Any idea what color you're going to paint it? Also, if you decide to put the stock graphics back on, I can send you a sheet of them. :thumbsup:

It's going to be metalic purple and white, I'm going to try to do the graphics in paint but if that does not work out, I'll take you up on the decals. I plan on using the orgional decals as a template. I did the best that I could bot to destort them too much when I took them off.
I ran home at lunch and shot a test spot of purple and did not like how dark it was, so I laid down a coat of white. I think that will lighten it up a bit.
I'll post a pic later

Last edited:
I agree, I blinked and my oldest turns 14 next month.
tell me about it. my oldest is 35, youngest 32. i've been blessed with awesome grandkids. oldest is 15 & has a hawg ty
youngets grandson is 8 & we're building one . also have 3 grandaughters 11 yesterday & twins 3 months old:eek:hmy: man, i'm gettin old:laugh:

We laid down some color now. It's a purple metallic almost a purple anodized. It is darker than the photo. I think my flash lightened it up a little.I still need to do another coat of purple.
We are going to add some white up front I think. Let me know your thought so far and if you think where it said Motovox would look right with white?