Motovox rebuild

trailramdan

lovin the purple! i think the white would be a nice touch as well....id add a couple more light coats to the purple to blend it all together, it looks a little light maybe its an illusion..all and all great job so far

The purple is a good color. I like the idea of using white contrasts but I wouldnt use it on the frame where you mentioned (maybe some white pinstripes??). I had a hard time getting my metallic blue sprayed evenly and ended up putting 3 light coats over gray primer and several clear coats on top. Seems like the longer I stare at it, the more uneven the base coat appears with the metallic.... but I might be too picky. What about putting the white on the wheels or some smaller pieces, even a white seat? Did you mix your own paints? Where did you find metallic purple?

old-timer

Scamming Member
I think it looks good all purple myself, but you could always offset the purple by painting up the wheels and motor something different.

I plan on white rims for sure and maybe the caliper..I'm undecided on the handle bars. The more I think about it I think they will be purple also. I like the pin strip idea also

The contrasting color for purple is yellow.

Meaning that for human eyes it is the opposite color and would give the most impressive contrast.

I know colors, just adding some food for thought. :shrug:

:)

I will be working on it some more today, I'd like to get the white done. The big problem is the temp. I snowed a little last night

I here you on the yellow. I like yellow just not with other colors.

Most excellent!!! Mopar70 :thumbsup:

I'm diggin the purple :drool: The best part of this build :thumbsup: is that you are hanging out with your son building this ride and he is diggin it as much as your are :thumbsup:

Way to go Mopar70 :thumbsup:

BC DAVE :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. We are a little on old due to the weather. looks like we will be gett some where around 8 inches of snow. We will dive back in on it shortly. I need to touch up the purple and then add some white, then we should get it bach together. Jaret and I did get the motor degreased but I don't think I'll repaint it. I think we might add a clone later though. But first he'll have to get used to this first. I have it get it done so we can start on the build off :hammer::grind: LOL

Thanks guys. We are a little on old due to the weather. looks like we will be gett some where around 8 inches of snow. We will dive back in on it shortly. I need to touch up the purple and then add some white, then we should get it bach together. Jaret and I did get the motor degreased but I don't think I'll repaint it. I think we might add a clone later though. But first he'll have to get used to this first. I have it get it done so we can start on the build off :hammer::grind: LOL
I know what you mean about the weather. We've had a couple inches of snow here and the heavy wind in 30deg temps is unbearable in the garage. Needless to say, I think I may have to fire up the propane heater and clean mine out, it bothers me it's in such a disarray, but winter here in WI means you bring in all your crap for storage in the garage. My boy seems to enjoy his first ride on his stock MBX10 but running it through the snow bogged it down so much he almost didnt want to ride it. I wonder if there is another option in a 150cc range that would be suitable for him, the 212 is definately too much, the front end lifts on me unless I'm easy on the takeoffs. Keep up the good work.

I'm starting to put the bike back together, Can't spend all my thime on the build off LOL. Post some photo's tonight. I decided not to add white onto the frame. Going to paint the bars and wheels white and maybe the sproket and center of the rotor.

Ok will we finished up the Motovox:hammer::grind:. I decided not to add white to the frame.
This is Jaret helping me finish up the wheels

This is the final product. we might upgrade the motor later.

Here's a project of that was made perfect. This is a photo of Jarets reaction when I told him that the mini bike is his for helping me rebuild it!!:scooter:

A special thanks to Motovox for helping me out with some parts that I needed. Great company to deal with!!:thumbsup:

old-timer

Scamming Member
Looks great :thumbsup: And that big smile says it all.

The guys at Motovox are the best !! I've had quite a few dealings with them, and they always bend over backwards to help in anyway they can.

Vic