Mounting Predator On A Tilted Plate

PatrickCraik

Hi,Will a Predator run correctly if mounted on an angle like in a Rupp or an MTD? Will the carb or exhaust need to be modified? Thanks

Barely clears on a T-Bird, but carb doesn't seem to mind the angle. And like said if you go aftermarket on the exhaust it takes some work.
I took the OldMiniBikes header for the flat mount set up, cut it into pieces and welded it back together to get the right angles to fit the under the seat and over the fender.

Attachments

PatrickCraik

Thanks guys,Looks like I could do it on my MTD Rambler without any trouble.I wasnt sure if the carb would be a problem.I'm still hoping to find a decent H35-HS50 for it before I go this route. I never understood why some old timers stick with flat heads in their street rods.I do now in a small way.I like the sound and feel of the old flat tecumseh and B&S engines I had back in the day.

PatrickCraik

They do it because they can, same reason some drop a Hemi in it's place. To each their own, all that matters is what makes you happy.
Right on! I had several Sportsters over the years,My buddies sold theirs and bought big twins and didnt understand why I wouldnt.I used to tell them I had the only Harley I ever liked,I rode mine,once across and back the Mackinaw bridge.(I was very young and wouldnt do it again,lol)They they spent more time looking @ their big twins collecting dust and bar hopping. I left them behind years ago.