Muffler/Air Cleaner Assembly

markus

you want it all smashed and hammered like that? :doah: I just bought a chrome one similar to that, but its for the slanted intake 4-5hp bikes (like Rupps) and wont fit my project :sadcrying4: If your using a slanted intake let me know, and if you find a good source for a muff for standard intake not through here please let me know as I am now looking again too

you want it all smashed and hammered like that?

Markus thats funny !! No I dont want it all smashed like that, it was the only picture I could find that showed what I was looking for. You may have what I need. I have a Tec HS40 that it will going on. What exactly did you buy and where?

markus

Heres what the slanted one ends up looking like, wont come close to fitting a standard intake setup:

Bummed me out, as I wanted it for the all chrome sears bike:sadcrying4: I got it from Blackwidow, I dunno if he has a large supply of them I think they might be NOS from the minibke hayday

mybiz....lets see that chrome buddy I like shiny things :smile:

I scored on the air cleaner today. I contacted the guy I got the engine from and asked if he had it. He said yes. Best part is, he gave it to me.

Markus I see you have 2 mufflers. Are they different bends?? Can you take a picture of the engine and with carb and muffler on so I have some sort of reference so I can see which bend I need?

mybiz

Does anyone know just how many different styles of Taylor exhausts were made. I have 3 1/2 and they all are bent different.

I been emailing the guy that I got the motor from and he tells me he has the correct one for the motor but someone cut the muffler off the end. He is going to send that to me to for reference or repair. Maybe I can match up a muffler and weld it on.

george3

The reason there is so many different ones is because some exhausts are on the left and some on the right. some are for the angled engine. Also different HP. I guess you just have to bolt it on and see what will work.

markus

what it looks like put together (bolts are loose so it will sit a touch higher when finished):

The Chrome angled one has "model 100" stamped into it on the can
the black/rust one in the pic above has "model 3366 a" on it

Thanks Markus that helps. I dont think that one would work with my set up as the choke lever is on the left of the carb looking from the back. I will keep searching. Thanks again

Mike