My CAT R4001 Build

I got this on trade for labor on a Harley. Literature says it should look like this:

When I got mine, it looked like this:

So, I put it on the lift (cause I'm fat, old, and spoiled), and started disassembly.

The wheels, while not looking too bad, were an unbelievable chore. They were rusted together inside so badly that the tires wouldn't come off the bead. It took about two hours each to get them separated. No pics of this cause it tried my patience.

When I got the CAT, it had a 3.5 Tec on it, which is now for sale for $40 OBO plus shipping.

More later. :thumbsup:

Got a lot more accomplished, even though I finally got to go back to work after 3 months off. Took the frame, fork, and bars to the sandblaster:

Got enough sunlight to get it painted and started re-assembly.

This thing is SMALL!

Put a zerk in the neck. Can't hurt, right?

Put the forks on.

Mounted the bars.

I drilled and tapped a hole in the steering stem bolt.

So I could make it pretty.:thumbsup:

Now, it's a roller.

I'm gonna call this one a 50 footer. Poor men have poor ways.

looks good, some of u guys get these things re done in record time, I've been on mine for a month now(of course not 24/7, but still)

@jdogg- Thanks, it was a lot of work, but rewarding.

@Hodaka- I'm catching up the pictures as I can. I've actually been working on my minis about 10-12 hours a day since I got the pins out of my feet, so I'm not really that fast.

Man, do I love to play in my garage!:hammer::grind::thumbsup:

A little more

Got the throttle working much better this morning. The 7/8" throttle assembly with the metal tube SUCKS @SS in my opinion. Gonna stick with plastic in the future I think. The giant black grips bite too, so they're being replaced with nice sticky motocross grips. Can't wait to ride it!:thumbsup:

Cut the nasty black grips off and threw 'em in the trash. Wend down to the local Honda shop and got some nice blue Scott grips:thumbsup:. Much easier on the hands, will look much better too. Also got some footpeg covers coming, thanx to bayareaburrito:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Love the color, and the 2 tone wheels really set it off. You should slap some briggs decals on the motor to give it that finished look. Nice work!

Thanks for the props (just don't look too close:scared:). Like I said, it's a fifty footer. Most of the metal is pitted bad, but I couldn't see smoothing it all out then riding it. It's gonna get used. Some B&S emblems would be nice, but I can't see paying good money for them just to get torn up:shrug:. If the rain ever quits, I'll try to get some riding shots.

Yeah, I know what you mean, if you like to ride your bike it doesn't always pay to over restore it. Because bottom line is that fender get dented, chain gurads get scratched, and seats get torn, and engines can get oily and greasy.

You ride this thing yet?! I'm about 50 miles away from you in Charleston IL and the weather's been beautiful here. Got any good places to ride?

Yes, I've ridden it. Just around the neighborhood. Probably the only place my bikes will get ridden, other than whatever campgrounds we visit. What a blast! It's almost too fast with the ungoverned 5 horse, and it's sooooo small!:thumbsup: