My first 2 mini bikes WOOOOOO...projects, and good times coming :)

Was told this was a Cat. I haven't been able to find a comparable picture yet. Body used to be at some point a purple color (can see in pics poking thru scrapes in the blue). Briggs motor Model 91202 Type 0016 01 Code 960827FA. Handlebars are a bit tweaked, scrub brake, having some issues with the throttle, prob needs some carb work, chain keeps popping off. How original does this look?

Was told this was a Sears. NO clue what is up with the jackshaft (the clutch is on there), some shoddy weld work on the front fork (on metal plate), rear band brake, rear gas tank is intact, non running so far. It has a 5hp engine #'s on top HS50 57244P SBR517CB. Obviously needs entire throtle setup, engine isn't even fully mounted..this may take me a bit to even start messing with.

The first one is a cat hustler the second one is a montgomery wards. Both nice bikes I am envious of you. The hand grips are stock on the cat. The engine is obviously not stock because it was made in 1996.

Last edited:

ErikR

It's actually a JC penny's Duster made by CAT, I have one just like it and it's my favorite one by far, nice find!!:thumbsup:

Here's a picture a picture I got from 1stlengendtx, a member here....

Last edited:
Looking for ideas on adding a rear disc brake to the Cat Duster. It looks like there is a mounting bracket on the rear (and from pics looks like it originally had one?). Any suggestions what would be a good disc brake that could just bolt up?