my first mini bike restoration

Hi my name is Tyler. When I was in San Diego I found this mini bike in craigslist and my dad and I went and bought it, I took it apart so we could fit it into the back of the truck so we could take it home.

When we got home I put the engine in and it started which is a bonus. I did a rough assembly of the bike

The tag on the bike says Sears, I think it is around 1968, it's missing a few pieces but we will get it all together shortly.

Welcome fellow Canadian. I'm in Abbotsford and just started building mini bikes this year. They're super fun and contagious. My dad is in Aldergrove and has a few old briggs motors from a collection of mini bike parts he bought earlier this year. let me know if your looking for any. Cheers.

I got the frame and forks sand blasted and sent them out for powder coating. hope to get them back in 2 weeks. I painted some parts and got the tires put back on the rims,not fun.

NICE. ALWAYS GOOD TO SEE KIDS DOING SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE INSTEAD OF PLAYIN VIDEO GAMES OR WATCHIN TV.NOTHING WRONG WITH GETTIN YOUR HANDS DIRTY AND HAVING SOME FUN RIDEN WHEN YOUR DONE

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks guys :)
I am painting it a blue.
So far I have took a part the engine so I could clean it, replace the gaskets, and paint it. Nothing was broken on it so I don't have to buy anything.

I got the frame back from powder coating and stated putting some parts on

had to file off some powdwer coating so the bolt would go threw

we lost the key for the flywheel so dad made me make a new one

Nice job kiddo!...........:thumbsup:...........When you get bored with the Briggs see if your dad will help ya squeeze that LT1 350 in there!...........:laugh:..........Tom.