My new project

Finally I have somehting to share. I have no idea what the frame is, but I bought it in pieces and got it mocked up this week at work. It rides awesome. Thank to my coworker Jeff for the custom exhaust. We put it all together as cleanly as possible and test rode it this morning. For a 3.5, she moves pretty good. Stay tuned for the fit and finish!!:grind:

Your frame kind of looks like a small Fox? Wolfs Head motor oil?:thumbsup: Didn't know they were still in business. I don't think they sell it down here.

Last edited:
Thats going to be a real nice bike. I put wrap on my chopper's header also. Something about it being in close proximity to my man stuff made me think it was for the best.

Thanks guys. It feels good to get something going finally. I am trying to have it completely done for Christmas for my 2 boys.
The 3.5 Briggs really suprised me. It pulls me up the hill outback like I'm 50 lbs, not 220.
BTW, old Triumph handlebars make for great exhaust bends!:hack:

hitman

Band brake on the clutch! YES! I was wondering why more people don't do this? My boonie engine leaks too much oil there and would contaminate it quickly. My manco streaker would be a good one to do this with. How well does it work?

I like it much better than the discs. It is very managable, but will lock up the rear tire if need be. Stay tuned for the next installment!!:hack:

for sure thats a manco trail cat! i had three of them and sold two, the one i have needs work but is a nice frame. originally it had racing stripes on the fenders and frame. the one i sold was all original with the decals and a hs35. it might be gone on yours but the sticker thats said manco was on the motor plate just in front of the pull starter

Only problem with a band brake on the clutch drum, or on the jackshaft like on my Ruttman Judge, if you pop the chain off, you've got no brakes. That hill I was going down got alot longer with no brakes:scared:

Coop

delray

minibikin',i have two of them frames. both have different handle bars. one like yours and the other straight up and out. here is only info i have found on them?MANCO MINIBIKE
red frame has been modifly little. missing foot peg bar that go's across the frame? and the rear plates are different,but look original. i just might use both of this frames for the build off. one for my niece and the other for my nephew:thumbsup:

I sure would have liked to enter this one in the build off, but I wasn't 100% sure if I was getting it in time or not.
Coop, I hear ya on the chain popping issue!

Delray, from what I can tell, the shorter rear plates are on the Trail Cat, which is what I have. I did see info in the one witht the longer rear plates, but I can't remember where??

delray

minibikin',i did find another picture of a minibike like my red frame with the longer plate. it kind of looks like it's for a jackshaft set-up? but it looks to close to the rear tire? you can see in the picture how the tire gets in the way.(pathfinder)is that the name of it?

delray

minibikin',i also notes that my handle bars(red frame) don't lean back as much as yours. if you look at my brown primer frame the handle bars lay back just like yours. but my handle bars are bent different at the top of my brown bike. they go straight up and out? must of made couple different handle bars for it. my brown frame has no bearings or bushings for the triple tree. just a bolt threw a tube. red frame has bearings press into a larger tube.

Last edited:

delray

minibikin',here is couple more pictures of my brown primer bike that has the same frame as yours . but different handle bars

if i use this frame i plan on cutting out the original tube and welding a larger tube with bearings. mine is little worn out. if they only installed a grease insert on the back side of the tube it probable would have lasted much longer:doah: i still like they way the angle of the front forks are. it has a good rack to it and also gives it a little longer wheel base too then my red bike has:thumbsup: