My new rupp project

Well started on the rupp today figured i should try to get it running . Motor seems to have good compression and has a great spark . But the carb is a mess
Also have found out the crank shaft has a hole in the the end with no threads , looks as if the bolt has been broke of and then someone tried to maybe drill it out . I'am going to have to make a drill guide to drill it and then tap her . Oh and the clutch was held on with a locking coller with a set screw .

Well guys i'am going another way with this build , and you rupp guys are not going to be happy . We are going full race on this build the 4 horse tec will be rebuilt and stored for some other time . I have a honda GX160 with all the good stuff in it and finally got it running perfect , starts on half a pull when warm . But the TAV system will be pulled off and run a chain drive on the jack shaft with a titan shoe clutch .

I'am in N C at Jesse's house and down the street from his office is Mad Mike's scooters and junk . Well found a pit bike chassis and i'am going to try to buy it tomorrow .

Well didn't get the scooter frame , was thinking of putting front end on the rupp but it doesn't need it . Well today got the honda mounted and found more work to do . I new i needed to build a new intake manifold but didn't realize that the carb would be so twisted when i got it on . The rupp frame mount is tilted about 15 degrees so the carb is all messed up so its time to fab a new intake ( seems like i just made one of these ) . And my temporary header is no good anymore , going to have to fab a new custom one . Well here some more pics .

i'd give momma what she wants.........and get over that macho thing and get in touch with your fem side......thats what i'd do........if momma aint happy aint nobody happy:scared: just sayin:shrug:

Tippy momma is getting a powell challenger what more could she want . But its not going to be pink , pink has its place and its not on minibikes . :devil2:

toomanytoys

Words of wisdom "A woman is never happy"

The clone or honda works well in the rupp frame. Had a predator mounted in my black widow for a short time before I got tired of seeing it with the wrong engine in it...

Well today was very productive got motor on and built a header pipe . I want to turn all of you on to a very useful item for minibike fabrication , its a harbor freight hand truck or dolly . Its pretty cheap 20 to 30 dollars and made of 1 inch tubing of decent wall thickness .

You say why cause a minibike header cost 20 or 30 dollars and a header kit to make your own is more . I have made two headers from my hand truck which was free cause it was left on a job i did and no body claimed it . And i was still able two take out the garbage with it .

You see and there is plenty left for more stuff , hell theres even wheels if needed . Just that simple everybody should have one . So heres some pics of my header .

Thats pretty cool:thumbsup: Lots of nice bends on that hand truck:laugh: I'm always looking at stuff like that:laugh::laugh: I think I am going to use a old motorcycle luggage rack with some nice bends for my tom thumb header.:thumbsup: