My new rupp project

looks good dave - just watch out for those killer typos.

i'd be interested in how the clutch works. i'm going back and
forth between a few clutches and the hilliard is one of them.

:thumbsup:

Well got some blasting done on the rupp today . Did the hubs , brake assembly , and started on the swing arm .

What i have found out that this auto style paint ( base - clear ) is a bit-h to even blast off , stuff is hard . Think i'am going to the powder coater and let them put it in their oven and burn it off . They have a striping type oven that is like 1200 degrees , nothing left after that .

What i have found out that this auto style paint ( base - clear ) is a bit-h to even blast off , stuff is hard .
Paint stripper David. I haven't blasted one yet. Because I'm cheap, and I have more time than money. 11 bucks for a gallon of stripper. Cheapest stripper you'll ever get burned by. :laugh:

I agree with going for a swingarm bearing. It's overkill, but so much better than a bushing and a bolt.

Paint stripper David. I haven't blasted one yet. Because I'm cheap, and I have more time than money. 11 bucks for a gallon of stripper. Cheapest stripper you'll ever get burned by. :laugh:

I agree with going for a swingarm bearing. It's overkill, but so much better than a bushing and a bolt.
Yea Dave i did the striper thing today worked great . Still going to clean it up in the blast cabinet though .:thumbsup:

I think the stock chainguard has to be cut to fit around that honda.
You may be right i haven't tried to install it yet . Have you done this before ?
Once i get everything striped and cleaned up she goes back together to start the modding . Have to get new shocks and they are only 12 inches eye to eye . So i'am going to slide the bottom mounts forward to make up for being shorter and give a softer ride and more wheel travel .

Hell i may lengthen the swing arm a little just to have the cool look .:thumbsup:

Yesterday got the blasting done and all is clean for now . I did find filler in the fenders , it was put in right so i left it . So no chrome or powder coat for them .
If y'all are wondering about the color thinking about dark satin black on everything and leave the aluminum pieces natural . Also thinking about stretching the wheel base and trying to keep it looking stock , we will see what i can come up with .

Well i'am back at it and got a lot done today . I have decided to stretch the bike 5 inches , and i started with the swing arm today . I am doing 2 1/2 inches in the swing arm and going to cut the neck off and go the other 2 1/2 there . Well here's some pics of todays work and for some of y'all that don't know fab , there is 7 1/2 hours in this swing arm .

If any of y'all have ever tried to take apart rupp forks that are stuck , then you know they are a bit-h . Well mine were worse . I put a block between the trees and a 1/2 inch bolt though the fork lowers and the jack between the trees and the bolt and started to jack . Well after bending the bolt pretty bad i left it on the garage floor for the night .

I was hoping that it would pop louse during the night , no such chance . So today i put the torch to it and it finally popped out . Heres some pics .