my Sensation MB-6A "project

Ok I made a new thread.Last week I went ahead and got this thing tore down and the frame was put in the barrel to derust.

Bearings in wheels appear to be fine.Chain is froze and rusted but I will derust it and see what happens.I have saved others before for other appplications.

The kickstand is flat out GONE so I need a pic or something of that to make 1.
I looked and found these parts on the above linked website
OMBTS78
OMB455SET

Twist throttle and clutch and chain combo
I measured the handle and 7/8ths is correct so I think the twist throttle will work.

I would assume it is safe to glass bead the wheels? I have started cleaning 1 and it will look good.Just really caked on crap.

Here is a progress picture.will post more as I go along
The frame break has been welded once it got cleaned in the electrolysis bucket.sanedandprimed.
the orignal color was a teal blue. I will match it best I can.Rustoleum Jade number 1931 is what I have some of.it is Very close to the same color.

Hey UB66

Your frame is looking good.

...here's a pic that's a drawing of the Sensation Mike Bike mb-6a for your reference on the kickstand:

And, there are later model mb-6a's that have a fold under type of stand like on this Sensation chopper:

Last edited:
Ok that tells me it is a flat peice instead of round which I fiqured was the case as there is a bout a inch of weld where the bracket used to be. I zoomed in and it apppears to be a small peice on the frame,a 2d peice with a bolt and then the 3rd peice is the actuall kick stand.Hum,
is that second peice a "spring" to keep it from falling and holding it?

Ok that tells me it is a flat peice instead of round which I fiqured was the case as there is a bout a inch of weld where the bracket used to be. I zoomed in and it apppears to be a small peice on the frame,a 2d peice with a bolt and then the 3rd peice is the actuall kick stand.Hum,
is that second peice a "spring" to keep it from falling and holding it?
Hey UB66,

No, on mine when I was a kid, it had the flat type, and there was no spring to hold it up.

Well the forks are clean and in primer.
I had to do a bit of tweeking on them but they seem ok now.
1 question I have is there is a spring that goes along with the bolt to hold the forks on the frame. How do I know how much tension that spring should have?

Also,how critical is the correct color on these things? I dont want to hurt the value but at the same time I have several cans of dark metaliac blue I like alot and it was good paint.
The original color is more of a teal.

Also,how critical is the correct color on these things? I dont want to hurt the value but at the same time I have several cans of dark metaliac blue I like alot and it was good paint.
The original color is more of a teal.
I don't recall a teal...I think you had your choice of colors, as long as they were either red or blue !! :laugh: !!

And I think the chopper was purple..(could be wrong on the chopper color)...but I do think the mb-6's were only available in red or blue...and the blue was a darker blue.

But like Buckeye say's, It's your bike, paint it how you want it.

Big thing is to enjoy it !

I know paint sands off but I just didnt want to mess something up.
I use electrolysis to clean stuff like this and paint comes off from places you cant reach well and everything came off a teal -greenish blue.Really good color I would put it back that shade if I could find it in a rustoleum bomb .
If I really went wild it would be painted with hammer finish paint! I love that stuff.:smile: Hides flaws :thumbsup:

More or less a functional restoration as if I am to ride it it will need something like side car or axle on the back that I can clamp on or something.
The concerns about paint stem from my other hobbies of old cars,radios antique engines and etc that sometimes original is important.
My main objective is not cut or mess up parts that cant be put back original.
Paint is easy removed by the next caretaker of the minibike so i wont worry to much about it now that I understand.

Well that is the best shot of a kick stand I have found yet!
Thanks!
Havent worked on it lately as I have been finishing up a 4 month golf cart rebuild project.

Sorry for the slow response,haven't done anything to the minibike but have got other stuff done so it's turn is coming.
Here is the cart Buckeye.Started out a rusted,twisted mess that I cut the front end off of and hauled the entire rear section minus the electrics to the scrap.
Took me a long time to get this thing done but it has worked out great for me. Everything from brake pedal back i built including the roof supports.Has electric dump 48x46 bed, turn signals,brake lights,horn.
All controls are between the seats.

Last edited:

delray

just pickup a lite green sensation bike with rear rack and fenders and had the light kit mounted on it at one time.
here is another brochure on the bike with options...:thumbsup:
little different from the other brochures that where posted.

OK, I found a twist throttle on ebay for around 14 bucks. But what I need to know is how many teeth I need on the clutch? 10 or 11?What holds the clutch to the 3/4 shaft other than a key?

I have a 3 hp briggs with 3/4 shaft that is a little newer than the bike but will look ok. The engine I had hoped to use that was very visualy correct is only a 2 hp.it is the right style air filter and such.

Is the crank tapped? If not, we have the guides to drill and tap it yourself at OldMiniBikes. That would be your best bet. The wheel look great!

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]