naval jelly to clean inside of tank?

hey guys,
I have my briggs and stratton tank and the inside is super clean, it's only rusty on the reserve pick up for the carb, my motors freshly rebuilt so I don't want to suck up any c:censure:p. can i use naval jelly to get the rust out of the reserve? or does any one else have any better ideas?

Itype2slo

Use a solution of muriatic acid & water 2 parts acid to 1 part water in a 5 gallon bucket submerge the tank for an hour then pull it rinse it with water then put it in another bucket with water and 1 cup of baking soda to neutralize the acid. rinse the tank again dry it and rinse it out good with denatured alcohol then fill it with gas in it for a half hour drain the gas and trash it responsibly ( It Will Be bad). then you should be good to go. Becareful the acid is caustic and will f-you up use gloves and a respirator.

Naval jelly is phosphoric acid-it will work specialy if there is no compeating metals-part of how evapo-rust works is phosphoric too but it's not an acid bath thing--but lets not do a chemistry lesson. If saving a buck is what ya need first put some nails or nuts or other type item in the tank and rattle it around to break up as much lose rust as you can. Rinse with something like kerosine to get rid of the rust and fuel residue. Then mix the jelly with water to turn it into a tank full of solution and fill the tank all the way-after several hours carfully pour out the solution into a container and look in the tank if you still have rust pour the stuff back in repeat untill rust free. It's best to coat the tank or it will rust again. But I would rinse with water, dry it fast then add fuel to keep rust from forming.

Fill the tank with BBs and phosphoric acid.

Shake like hell and its clean in short order.

I follow up with a second wash same BBs and a few table spoons of baking soda.

Hydrochloric ( muriatic acid ) works much faster but it causes more corrosion because its harder to get out of the steel. Its also said naval jelly only eats rust where muratic eats everything.

Get the tank clean and get some oil in there as fast as possible. POR15 should be used inside to seal up the tank.

if you have a lot of time molasis works too but it realy slow....
Not kidding it will remove rust but takes weeks

Clyde

Depending on the degree of rust, a simple mix of BB's (or shotgun lead shot) and some Simple Green cleaner will usually work A-OK. Put about a handful plus in the tank; put the cap on the tank, put the tank in the back of a car trunk or pickup truck, and ride around with it for few days (or weeks, whatever works for ya).
Pepsi cola works too with ammo shot (mild acid).
Rinse it out w/H2O when done, then dry the tank with hair dryer or a splash of rubbing alcohol (do not use heat with the alcohol!).

If the tank is ancient, it will be a good time to seal it with product like Kreem.
If tank is newer, a bit of engine oil sloshed around and then dumped out will be fine to lightly coat the tank till gas time.