need assistance on what to order for the jackshaft

i rescued a minibike from my father in laws back yard yesterday, while looking it over i discovered the jackshaft is seized and while doing some research it seems like my setup isnt that common. ive got a 12 tooth sprocket on the clutch, which runs to a 30 tooth sprocket on the jackshaft, and the other side of the jackshaft has a 12 tooth sprocket on it. should i piece together a new jackshaft using the same tooth sprockets, or go to the more common 12 and 18 tooth setup??

Attachments

It depends on your rear sprocket and rear tire diameter
I use the the burris racing jack shaft calculator to determine the ratio , then the Diy gocart top speed calculator

It depends on your rear sprocket and rear tire diameter
I use the the burris racing jack shaft calculator to determine the ratio , then the Diy gocart top speed calculator
thanks, il look into the calculators, im completely new to all this minibike stuff

i forgot to count the rear sprocket teeth, but i think its also a 30 tooth

ive got a new engine already, and havent ordered a clutch for it yet, so i can put any clutch sprocket on that i want, i just dont know what the ideal setup is

Last edited:
That's a Montgomery Wards/Gilson bike. Those are the factory jackshaft gears. You're rear sprocket, if original is much smaller than the common 60/72T used today. It should all be #35 chain. Count the rear sprocket and then calculate. Everything should work well together. If the 30T needs replacing, I'm not sure that it is available. I have s solution if that's the case.

MiniBikin this is Jack Howard - My Wards / Gilson needs new rear wheel and jackshaft replaced. The welded sprocket is shot and the rear wheel and sprocket is also shot. Might as well get new brakes also. You intimated you may have a solution? Not finding joy on internet.

got really distracted with my boats, but finally back to working on this. gonna order up a new jackshaft, pretty much replacing everything on the bike, nothing was salvageable. the wheels are 7" and they need to be replaced, looks like 6 or 8" is my option, which would be the better one to go with?

got really distracted with my boats, but finally back to working on this. gonna order up a new jackshaft, pretty much replacing everything on the bike, nothing was salvageable. the wheels are 7" and they need to be replaced, looks like 6 or 8" is my option, 6" appears to be the way to go, tires look like they are to tall on the 8"

looks like i need this wheel, the asuza 1125 wheel, and it uses a sprocket/drum assy that is 1 piece, having a problem understanding how the sprocket/brake setup will work though, on mine the brake was on one side and the sprocket is on the other. this looks like it will put both on the same side??