Need Dune Cat Info Please

I'm looking for any brochure/literature/specifications on my Dune Cat. It's a '72 model, but I don't have the page I need out of the original brochure. I've seen some low-res images online of the page, but cannot make out the verbiage or model number. Mine is the "Apricot" metal flake version with the smaller non knobby tires. Instead of "Sandy Claws", it has "Grand Prix" decals.

I want to build one of my B&S flatheads for it, but lack the info needed to tell me what HP motors these Grand Prixs came equipped with.

Teeks or anyone, could you help?

Glad to see ya got it :thumbsup:
I waited and waited... The guy finally called last night and I was able to pick it up today. Oh, and guess what decal it is going to need in the rear... Ha! The CAT one you just bought. I'm so lucky you're sending it via mail, ESP on a Saturday.

45t

Good to see ya post. Your lack of input has been noticed!:thumbsup:
Same here, I even looked on your profile to find out when you were last on here. I wondered what happend to ya. Glad to see your still here. :thumbsup:

Love the Dune Cat. There are two of them up here by me for sale. I was wanting to pick up one but kinda caused a fight with the misses. So I'll have to wait for now.

This Cat brochure has no date. Shows 8 different bikes. 2- 3 wheelers. 2 go carts and 2 diff Dune Cat's. Only difference showing is the color and wheels. Smaller fronts/rears on the red cart. Seat is diff too. Owner's/op manual shows what looks like the blue model but lists 2 diff model numbers than what the brochure shows. Manual shows the R9502 model with a Chevron tire for the rear and a Carlisle Indian Head type for the front. The brochure and all the original appearing Dune Cat's I have seen had golf cart type fronts. I have a green metalflake cart but the fronts have been changed

Brochure: R9504 blue R9508 red
Manual: R9302 R9502

Last edited:

Mac

This is one of the brochure images I'm looking for. I can't make out the words in the pic and would like to know what all it says.
From the top it says:

DUNE-CAT
Speeding over the flat lands
or up,down and through the
roughest of dirt or sand terrain
comes the Mini Dune-Buggy
"DUNE-CAT". Rugged design,
high flotation ATV type tires
and torque converter differential
drive all add up to performance,
dependability, style and fun !

MODEL R9504
5HP, 4 cycle Briggs & Stratton
Engine
Approved spark arrestor
Automotive type differential
Torque-sensing torque converter
Foot actuated brake and throttle
Heavy-duty naugahyde bucket
seat
Extra strength fiberglass body
finished in gleaming silver-blue
metal flake

MODEL R9302
Same as R9504 (above) except:
3HP, 4 cycle Briggs & Stratton
Engine
Smaller tire size
finished in bright orange metal
flake

......and that's all folks.

From the top it says:

DUNE-CAT
Speeding over the flat lands
or up,down and through the
roughest of dirt or sand terrain
comes the Mini Dune-Buggy
"DUNE-CAT". Rugged design,
high flotation ATV type tires
and torque converter differential
drive all add up to performance,
dependability, style and fun !

MODEL R9504
5HP, 4 cycle Briggs & Stratton
Engine
Approved spark arrestor
Automotive type differential
Torque-sensing torque converter
Foot actuated brake and throttle
Heavy-duty naugahyde bucket
seat
finished in gleaming silver-blue
metal flake

MODEL R9302
Same as R9504 (above) except:
3HP, 4 cycle Briggs & Stratton
Engine
Smaller tire size
finished in bright orange metal
flake

......and that's all folks.
This post is a few months old, but I couldn't help but respond to it when I came across it. According to what the brochure says, both models came out with Briggs engines. However, some of the guys that used to be in our group who originally bought them back in the 70's (new) have stated that some of them were actually equipped with a Tecumseh engine. I have read through all of the literature I have been able to find, and haven't yet found where the Tecumseh engine was listed, but according to the elders who started our group, some of the blue Dune cats came with Briggs, and some with Tecumseh. Just thought it might be interesting info for anyone who is a Dune Cat enthusiast....

george3

This post is a few months old, but I couldn't help but respond to it when I came across it. According to what the brochure says, both models came out with Briggs engines. However, some of the guys that used to be in our group who originally bought them back in the 70's (new) have stated that some of them were actually equipped with a Tecumseh engine. I have read through all of the literature I have been able to find, and haven't yet found where the Tecumseh engine was listed, but according to the elders who started our group, some of the blue Dune cats came with Briggs, and some with Tecumseh. Just thought it might be interesting info for anyone who is a Dune Cat enthusiast....
In mid. 1970 Briggs no longer supplie engines for mini bikes maybe holds for these vehicles also.

Mine was blk metal flake at one time.. its now a fadded red.. im taking it 4 a fresh coat of orange paint. Where can I find thoes sticker logos at