Need help fixing a Wards frame

Any ideas on how I can get this baby bent back into shape with items around the garage. I don't have access to a press.

Last edited:
Step 1. Go to your local bar...
Step 2. Find the biggest woman in the place
Step 3. Offer her to go back to your place and free food
Step 4. When you get there...have her sit on the frame
Step 5. Have her remove herself when the frame is back to shape
Step 6. Run like hell when she finds out there was really no free food :laugh:

Step 1. Go to your local bar...
Step 2. Find the biggest woman in the place
Step 3. Offer her to go back to your place and free food
Step 4. When you get there...have her sit on the frame
Step 5. Have her remove herself when the frame is back to shape
Step 6. Run like hell when she finds out there was really no free food :laugh:
Why would your girlfriends be at the bar to start with???

hornet1

You could use a chain or cable comalong then find a place to anchor both ends of the comealong to or close to the ground then run the cable over the back bone and use some wood or something to keep the cable from digging in your frame . Or bring it by sometime and will put it in my press.:thumbsup:

I would take the wheels,fenders and forks off and swing it against a nice solid telephone pole. Hitting the spot you want bent back in. I bet that would work.

markus

I just posted this in the homemade shop tools thread the other day:

Hummer shop press:

so I have this jacked up Mickey/KOL frame:

looks like the used a jack and something rectangular across the top bars to raise it up some for who know what kind of engine. you can see 4 divits in the top tubes at the bottom.

My little shop press is too small, I figured I'd try to use the weight of my SUV to squish it back down

Tools for this were some 2x4's in various pieces, 2 hammers, the plates from my shop press, a floor jack.......and a Hummer H3

I used some 2x4's under the frame becuase of the kickstand and scrub brake, this allowed it to sit flush, I made sure the went the length of the frame so it woudl no bow on the bottom. since I sticks out pretty far and a somewhat small area I used the receiver of my hitch so I would not be crawling under the truck. its sits pretty high already so I used some 2x4's to both take up slack and have some give in hopes of not kinking the top ob the bar, the steel plates took up more space.

It was just high enough that I saw it drop the frame a touch but the it just started to rest on the leaf springs and I could see the Bilstiens start to compress so I then used the hammers for a few stiff whacks on the steel plate to help a little.

was pretty quick and easy, got it in better shape but will still have to deal with the divits from when they jacked it up. but I'll work on that when i tackle replacing the rear axle mounts they moved :doah: I know it doesn't really look it in this pic but I actually dropped the tubes around an half of an inch and its much straighter than it was, kinda hard to judge what it is supposed to be, they weld the frame together at the top under the seat and quality control apparently was NOT an issue at the KOL factory:wink: