Need Help with 1st Project – Murray 3.5 Track2

I have a project that I bought form Craiglist. It is a Murray 3.5 Track2 that is missing the chain, chain guard, air filter, strap brake, brake handle and I think it needs new bearings in the forks. Can anyone tell me where I can find the following?

1. Chain size and number
2. Chain guard
3. Strap brake and pedal or handle
4. Bearings for the forks.

Thanks

I will try to upload pictures this week. I’m very excited about the project.
I think I’m going to paint it yellow.

RGT

My bike looks Just like those. That’s very helpful. I will order from the link.
I have more questions if you don’t mind.

Where did you get the sprocket and chain guard or is that the original?

I’m missing the bolt at the top center of the forks and the bolt is bent, any ideas on reassembling?

Your bikes look good. I will try and post a picture of mine.

OldMan

Mine are all original... Tractor Supply or Lowes/Home Depot should have a bolt to replace yours, just measure it, or take it with you.

Hey Oldman,

Sorry couldn't help my self there :smile:

Are those bikes pretty comfortable. How big are those bikes length wise. Are they comparable to the Baja Motorsports Heat (larger bike not doo doo bug)???

Also, will those frames accept a 6.5 clone motor? Thanks, never scene one of those before & they look pretty nice.

Last edited:

Tom S

I will be curious to learn what you find on the sprocket. Mine looks to be 72 tooth 2" center bore with 4 5/16" holes on a 2 3/16" pattern/circle. So far on the internet I have not had any luck finding one of those. I keep seeing Indus pattern mentioned and that looks to be on 2 7/8" pattern circle. A 6.5 clone will not drop right in there as there is enough room to clear the motor with the tank, muffler etc attached.

Tom

OldMan

Hey Oldman,

Sorry couldn't help my self there :smile:

Are those bikes pretty comfortable. How big are those bikes length wise. Are they comparable to the Baja Motorsports Heat (larger bike not doo doo bug)???

Also, will those frames accept a 6.5 clone motor? Thanks, never scene one of those before & they look pretty nice.
I have a pair of 6.5 clones waiting to go in these... the 4hp clones in them now are really not that much smaller. The bikes are very comfortable... here is a pic with my sons on board... they are about 5'8" and 5'11" tall.

They can even be big enough for two....

Thanks Oldman,

I think I've finally found a mini to buy. You wouldn't happen to know of any companies that sells these bad boys would ya? I was searching last night & pretty much all I could find were used bikes. They are still in production correct?

OldMan

Homier distributing still sells them... try this link: [URL="http://www.homier.com/[/URL]

Once there, just search on "mini bike".

Last edited: