Need some input on a boonie bike motor install

Hi there, I'm trying to put a Briggs and Stratton 10 hp motor off a generator on it and the motor just fits in the frame but I'm wondering what I'm going to have to do with the crank since its tapered and has no key way, has anyone here run into this before ? Any help is appreciated

For the crank, you have two choices. Go on Ebay and find a crank with 1" shaft and keyway, or take your crank out and find a good machinist that can cut it down and cut the keyway. Probably end up 3/4" then.

Either way works...

hoke

Sorry, I’m no help on the motor….but like the Firebird in the back. Looks like a 68. Had a red 69 years back….my first New car!

Last edited:
Well, my son is the one doing the engine mod to the Boonie. I told him to post on here for input. He is actually wanting to make a pit bike.

I finally said, lets this this thing going and brought home a Predator 212. He does like it but is doing a few mods to it before we get it in and running. I think he will be happy with it for what he wants it for.

I will be removing the 2 speed jackshaft and he wants to go with a Comet Torq-A-Verter, 3/4" Bore 12 Teeth, #35 Chain Torque Converter. I am goint to fab a new jackshaft for it.

Thanks for all the input, and I am sure we will have more questions to come. Brian.........:thumbsup: