Need Welders Advice (take two) Can this frame be save

On the flat parts you can use a decent piece of aluminum to help the metal flow into the void and stay. I have a Stellar minibike someone did the same thing to, I will get to it one day.

Cuda54

That is not hard to fill in with a good welder then grind it smooth and a little paint. I have seen worst things welded back up than that on cars and trucks. :hammer: :grind: :drinkup:

rmm727

On the flat parts you can use a decent piece of aluminum to help the metal flow into the void and stay. I have a Stellar minibike someone did the same thing to, I will get to it one day.
I use a 1/4" thick piece of copper for this. Doesnt melt into it and doesnt stick either. Not sure what it was for or out of. Might have been a bus bar.

might be better to fill the hole, to try to keep the radius of the original frame tube, take your time, so the metal doesn't heat up too much. I suggest using a flapdisc sanding wheel to finish blending the weld:anon.sml:

On the through the tubing holes I'd use round stock through the holes, cut them flush and then finish them with a rosette weld incorporating the fill metal with the surrounding tubing then use a finish wheel to clean em up.:thumbsup: