New 7HP Motors at Harbor Freight

Go to HF home page and look up gas engines, they have two new 7hp motors. I also got in the mail their recent flyer which shows their new 10hp motor. Whats your take on these new motors?? They also show two new vertical 7hp and they are coming out with a new 14hp motor?

Last edited:
P.A. has had an engine on some presure washers for the past year some that displaces 212 rated 7HP. I wasn't able to get out of them any information on buying just the engine....

I did find the makers name on them and was able to trace it back to a partnership between Brigs and a Chinese outfit. The casting on the engine I saw were remarkable and looked like Honda ( not porris and spongy ).
If this is the same engine it may turn out to be a real winner and might even be something that could be bored even larger. My fear is it may have some out of the ordinary parts like the Ducar 208 (with its own cam and crank )

Look very carefuly at the the tank mounts in the picture.
They are the same.....
Does this engine have a Honda style vlave cover? the PA engine does.....
http://www.princessauto.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/8293714.jpg

Big Jim

Go to HF home page and look up gas engines, they have two new 7hp motors. I also got in the mail their recent flyer which shows their new 10hp motor. Whats your take on these new motors?? They also show two new vertical 7hp and they are coming out with a new 14hp motor?
I saw the ad for the 10's thought it was a misprint. Those 7's will be a pretty hot motor.

I saw the ad for the 10's thought it was a misprint. Those 7's will be a pretty hot motor.
Those particular 7s are nothing untill someone takes one a part and sees what is inside. Then a few engines will have to be built and priced.

They may turn out to be a dud if it costs too much to get a cam rod and piston for them..

Thats the current problem with the Ducar 208. It adds hundreds of dollars to a build to have one machines and modified.

If you put their sku 68136 in the search on HF website comes back on back order. I guess they under estimated the appeal of a 10hp motor on sale price for $299.99!!

I just revisited HF website. When you go there and click on gas engines above the listings is a site to pre-order their new Predator engines. They may have jumped the gun on the hp rating- no 7hp but all new 6.5hp and then some. Check it out.