New England 100ft Minibike Drag Racing

The 2014 Leadfoot Car Club mini-bike race has been announced for October. Tentative date is Sunday October 26. Check their website for rules/info and the exact date: https://www.facebook.com/pages/LEADFOOT-Car-Club/121285417902478.

This isn't my club, but I've been going to the race for 5 years now, and this will be my second time racing. It is an absolute blast, the beer is cheap (after racing of course) and the steak fry afterward is always amazing. Trust me, it is worth the drive if you are a few hrs away. There are usually 25-30 bikes each year, but that has been growing steadily every event.

A few pictures from the last event:

joshua. c.

Yall must have to gear the mess out of them things!

We run 300' with some big gears.
yup, you have to get the gearing right. i was geared to high last year and lost badly. in their event earlyer this year i was closer and did better but i was geard slightly to low wheelying off the line every time but topping out before the finish line. im going this time and will be geared 1 or 2 teeth higher than last time, also iv got a better bigger carb for the bike so i shoold have a bit more power. the competition gets harder every time as people tune in there bike better and better each year. this event is alot of fun and well worth going to.

Yeah, I think Im running an 11:1 overall ratio.

They just set the !!!OFFICIAL DATE: OCTOBER 18!!!
The facebook page should be updated soon.
If a moderator sees this, could they add the date to the title?

Last edited:
lol, yeah, like what the neighbor thinks when he looks out his window and sees a mid-fifties man with a beer belly in shorts and flip flops riding a tiny motor bike with a lawn mower engine. :thumbsup:
:laugh: Yep that may be true but I know that guy looking out the window is just jealous because he wants a mini bike to ride too :scooter: :thumbsup:

lol, yeah, like what the neighbor thinks when he looks out his window and sees a mid-fifties man with a beer belly in shorts and flip flops riding a tiny motor bike with a lawn mower engine. :thumbsup:
I'm only 45 but since I live in the same neighborhood I grew up in. I have the same people calling the cops that did decades ago. They are probably thinking deja vu?...lol

I'd like to go to the drags but I think I will be too busy working on the house to go or even bring something fast enough to play....

Im 32, and was buzzing up and down my street on my bike. 20min later a cop shows up and asked where my kid's dirtbike was. I laughed in his face and explained the situation. Apparently my lawnmower engine angered the natives who called the police. The cop ended up being a car guy and hung out for a bit talking cars before he left.