New England 100ft Minibike Drag Racing

I ended up 3rd in the lower class cause my wheelie bar was bent and sending me sideways. I had beaten the #2 guy previously several times. I never would have beaten the guy that won though. I fixed the wheelie bar and raced him after the competition and he smoke me 2 times. Isn't he related to someone on this site? I may have a chance this year with the new engine if he hasn't changed anything.

A huge congratulations to Quik01ss for being Top Eliminator today, a well-deserved win Joe good for you!
It was great to see the usual suspects at the race today, so many nice bikes showed up.
We had a tough day our bike had some issues but it's always a great time with the Leadfoot guys they put on a great event!
I didn't see Randy or Dave, and Tim couldn't make it. Hope to see you guys at the next event!

Thx guys. Yea I originally did 34mph in the 100' but ran out of gear before the end. So a quick change of the rear sprocket and I did a best of 37 mph in the 100'. Helgar bros bike with a jr dragster motor and nitrous was best 34mph last year. He wasn't there for this months event but I'm sure he's measuring a 100' on his street trying to beat that 37 mph I laid down.

We blew a fuse on the nitrous system which put us down a few spots, then we lost brakes(and our ability to launch with authority) which put us on the trailer for the day. It was frustrating since the bike was running pretty good, it was a learning experience that's for sure lol. We did a ton of testing as usual, and we were so focused on the motor, the nitrous kit, reading the plug, changing jets, etc. and we just never thought about brakes so I feel kinda dumb in hindsight for not checking them. They are not easily inspected while on the bike. From now on we replace brakes every year no matter what! lol
As far as video, I'm not sure who has videos but I sure don't I was too busy lol. I didn't see Doug Tulloch there, he usually takes pics and records the race hopefully he will be there for the next race.

BTW rumor has it that there will be a race July/August not sure I will attend with my bike as I am aiming for the fall.

Helgar bros bike with a jr dragster motor and nitrous was best 34mph last year.
Don't forget Joe, that wasn't Cody (their regular rider) riding last year though.
I wasn't the biggest fan of the "radar gun" qualifying, too much potential for sandbagging IMHO but that might just be the easiest way to do it. With 3 classes this year for the first time I think it was fine.
Joe you are definitely the guy to beat, like we talked about you really brought it- and hand built your own bike from scratch which is super impressive I'm really happy for you! Are you really planning on building a 70HP motor next? If so I'm switching hobbies because I can't compete with 70 horses lol :bowdown:

Massacre I'm pretty sure the fastest helgars bike went threw the years was 34 from what I was told. And Cody was on it last year because he shook my hand for being close when I dropped a guide in the head against him.

I have a buyer from the audience there so if I sell it the motor I'll be building will probably make 50-55 hp. Then if I have to I'll shoot nitrous lol but my weight of the bike and me shouldn't need it. 3 mph over the fastest bike there is big in a 100'.

Massacre I'm pretty sure the fastest helgars bike went threw the years was 34 from what I was told. And Cody was on it last year because he shook my hand for being close when I dropped a guide in the head against him.
OK then Sorry, I stand corrected- my bad.
I must have confused the two brothers.

BTW
MAjunkman- it was good to see you & your bike, the new paint job looks amazing! And the seat was unbelievable, very nice job! You just set the bar pretty high for the rest of us lol.

Are you thinking of going with something like this Joe? 460cc 20HP Go Kart Racing Engine DIY Builder Kit | eBay

It's a great deal for sure, I'd consider it myself except I won't race with a foreign motor.

Yea those two bros look very alike lolol something along those lines massacre. I'm domestic stuff all the way but my little harbor friend block and crank are still holding it together lolol I have a lot of faith in the foreign stuff but Vegas carts I think is cast in USA since it's a thicker then Honda block. Not sure tho