New From Illinois

Hello all, Newbie here. I have built Manco go-karts now I have a cheap completely stock db30 going to see what I can do to it. Handle bars drive me mad (new style) slant back. Thanks for having a site like this for reference.

Cheers.

Welcome to OldMiniBikes.....and the old style Doodlebug forks will go on your new style. Just a little tip to remedy that (slant back) fork problem.

CarPlayLB

Thanks any idea where is the best place to pick a set up?
Probably Cheezys hoarder stash!

welcome aboard, get rid of your karts, clean the garage, and buy more minibikes! Half the guys here can't read so you need to post some pics! We love pics!
Sincerely, thanks for coming to play with us!:thumbsup:

Exactly, I did sell my 2 last Manco Carts a few weeks back. You are correct way too much room taken up from them. If this Minibike build goes well, I will start buying a few more. I wish I could of found a older doodle to mod but the new style one I bought was the only one I could find for a decent price. The Slanted Bars are the only thing I cannot stand. I'm so Happy I found this board to find some options.

Lots of people here have done a cold bend on the new style forks I think with a conduit bender with great success!! I did a set with heat and they buldged at the bends!

Thanks jdogg, I think I will probably end up doing the "cut off method" then the bike can me more adjustable to different riders. No luck so far I'm having finding straight bars and the Motovox ones are expensive buying piece by piece.

Welcome , get a 3/4" EMT electrical conduit hand bender ( helps to know a sparky ) and simply bend them , very easy !! Might not be the best pic , and they can be bent more too !
Thank You, I will try this ! That looks exactly like what I want.

Last edited: