New guy ready to buy mini bike kit

Hi guys:

I just got in to go karts now I want to build an old school mini bike from both old and new parts. I have engine and wheels and other parts already. Need to choose frame.

What do you suggest ? I like El lobo more than a Azusa. I know the site is about old mini's but old frames are rare from what I see. Engine platform will be a modified predator or briggs flathead.

What do you recommend ? I am 60 yo and have wanted a mini since the sixties. It's summer time soon. I don't want to spend a thousand like I did with the old go kart. But I want nice and quality. I have plenty of parts around now LOL :smile:

Thanks
Patrick

I would suggest keeping an eye on your local Craig's List and see if something flips your switch.

Depending on your skill level, bank roll and desire to build or buy you can piece a bike together or just buy a runner ... of course OldMiniBikes Warehouse sells most everything you need to make you vision a reality .. have fun amigo!!

I've looked at all of the new frames I could find; the only one I think I'd buy is the American Flyer 215; it looks like a slightly modified Bonanza frame. I would add swing-arm rear and telescopic front suspension.

Why just limit yourself to "new" frames? Take out a wanted ad (scroll down towards the bottom of the homepage).I bet there are members here that have something you would like.
Michael

Greetings..welcome..if you just want a basic late model i suggest a db30 or Motovox. ..they are fairly cheap and have 14" tires w 6" rims..toss a 5 or 6.5 engine on it and have fun..cheers

Greetings..welcome..if you just want a basic late model i suggest a db30 or Motovox. ..they are fairly cheap and have 14" tires w 6" rims..toss a 5 or 6.5 engine on it and have fun..cheers
Depends on where you are located, I think. A DB30 or DBX10 would go for $400-$500 around here; I've been checking CL every day, no bargains. Too many young military people willing to pay asking price for anything, in this area. Same for used cars/trucks/motorcycles; cheaper to buy new.

I recently purchased "El Tigre" the sibling of "El Lobo" from 909. Great frame for adults. Seems like a very sturdy build. These bikes are new, but look old school.

IMG_4749.JPG

Depends on where you are located, I think. A DB30 or DBX10 would go for $400-$500 around here; I've been checking CL every day, no bargains. Too many young military people willing to pay asking price for anything, in this area. Same for used cars/trucks/motorcycles; cheaper to buy new.
True.for example,we had db30 w a gx200 honda engine for $350 ..was in perfect shape.was on cl for 2 months.