New Guys

Hi all, First off my name is Dave. I'll be posting for JoesGarage. At JoesGarage there's three of us "older kids" that enjoy fixing up and riding old minibikes. I came across this forum while searching for parts. I figured we could use some help locating some items and maybe identifying some of the completed projects, I'll try to get some pics up of those shortly. The latest addition is a manco, unknown year & model. I'll document the build on this one and any comments would be appreciated, we're not sticklers for 100% original, but try to get them somewhat close. Looking forward to sharing some minibike talk.

tomsprops

Your at the right place ! We have members that are Puriest,Kustomizers,Hotrodders ,Historians and Boneheads ! I'm sure you guy's will fit in somewhere .

Oldsalt

You left out Crazy Old Men. I took a picture of a crazy old man by useing the bathroom mirror. See attached if you want to see what a mini bike crazed old man looks like.

Welcome JoesGarage. Get some pics up. No need to be a stickler for 100 percent original. That just means there's a good possibility that others have one exactky like yours. Keeping it all in the same era is all I try to do. Tasteful personal touches is what makes them cool.:thumbsup:

Oldsalt, that guy looks almost as crazy as I do.:smile: Better keep an eye on him.:shifty:

You left out Crazy Old Men. I took a picture of a crazy old man by useing the bathroom mirror. See attached if you want to see what a mini bike crazed old man looks like.
More like a racist bigot than a crazy old man. At least thats what your signature tells me. Funny that you have the American flag headband, you do realize that this country is a melting pot of cultures. Maybe you should have a Nazi Swastika headband instead. I actually feel sorry for you, that you would really want to see somebody assassinated.

Last edited:
More like a racist bigot than a crazy old man. At least thats what your signature tells me. Funny that you have the American flag headband, you do realize that this country is a melting pot of cultures. Maybe you should have a Nazi Swastika headband instead. I actually feel sorry for you, that you would really want to see somebody assassinated.
:laugh:

Oldsalt

I see we have us a misunderstanding here. Took me awhile but I did figured it out: Jimmy E. Rey is much like James Earl Rey! As they ain't got no streets or buildings named after him his name isn't one thats all that commonly known. And because race is no big deal to me I don't spend much time thinking about race such things, like a some other folks might, so the connecion between the two was lost upon me until you so kindly got me to start thinking on it. No, Jimmy was the spelling of his Christian, name not James. The "E" is for Edmund. His dad, for some reason that I never understood, was a big fan of General Curtis E. Lemay. He' dead now. I mean Jimmy's dad, but I suppose the General is gone too. The General's middle name was Edmund. Jimmy used to do all the snow shoveling around these here parts. His brother Bobby W. worked at it too during the winter, but Jimmy was a lot better shoveler. Bobby wasn't all that fast on the draw so they kinda kept him out mowing the lawn quite a bit. Knew that Rey clan for years but never did figure out why old man Rey always called Bobby by his middle name which was Wilks. I miss Jimmy since he went away. Him and his old man never got along real good. Haven't heard nothing about him for about a year now. He was a white kid but he liked to sing all kinds of rap songs. Made them up too. I can still see him shoveling that snow and singing at the top of his voice. One of his favorite tunes went something like this: "Had to shoot my ma ma twice 'cause she gave me body lice. Then I shot her one more time. Just to make my rap song rime". Yet I digress. But like I say, him and old man Rey didn't get along. I think maybe the old boy might a had a couple of racist bones in his body because I recall once Bobby W. was telling me something about how much their dad really hated rap music. But I'm not that way at all. Hope this misunderstanding just melts away now.

WOW!!! Looks like someone has ISSUES!!! Welcome aboard JoesGarage! For real Tblumer, all I see in OLDSALT's Pic is an old man's reflection in a mirror, how do you read that he is a racist? The American flag, Headband??? I hope that by racist you mean that he likes to challenge people on his MINI !!!!, Barrack Obama says "IT"S TIME FOR A CHANGE!", Don't you see that maybe some of us may want a change,too? I am truly sorry that some of our ancestors, did what they did to your ancestors, Those were the dark ages as far as I'm concerned, I had no control over their thoughts, or actions, and neither did Old Salt!
I have been coming here for over a year now, and never once did I see Salt, make any kind of Racist remark, I know that America is a Melting Pot, I'm a product of that, and so are some of my Brother Minibikers on here, My family is a mixture of English, Irish, German, and Indian, and that's at the base of the family tree, now that times are changing, my wifey's sister is married to a man from Jordan, and my daughter just married a black man, both I have hugged, or embraced as a man, treat as an equal, and respect their existance as a man, 90% of my friends are of the same race as your avatar, I listen to rap music, as well as Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, and Black Sabth.
A while back I heard of them burring the "N" word, I'm all for that, too! Yes, my friend, it is time for a change! Hopefully by me taking time to, "put you in check",you'll see that you are the one being "narrow minded", and change your way of thinking!! By the way, Barrack didn't get to the White-House all by the black vote, last I checked "blacks" are still a minority in this country, and it took the vote of the Majority. As for me, "It makes no difference of the color of your skin, just the beauty that lies within". In my neighborhood black and white kids call me "Uncle DAVE", a title I am proud to have, no matter who is calling my name! When you cross the border from Canada, all the way to Mexico, from east to west, if you live in that area, known as United States, you are an American, no matter the skin tone, we all bleed the same color, some of our fathers and ourselves, have fought for the same cause, to keep America Free, and strong!
Yes dear one named Tblumer, I hear racist in your tone, I just hope you can change!!!
dave
Sorry Joesgarage, didn't mean to ruin your thread, or hijack your welcome party, This subject is like Dog $hit on a sidewalk, maybe I should of walked around that pile of $hit, but today, I stepped in it and wiped it all over the sidewalk, hope I didn't offend anyone, but I feel the only thing that should be known as racist around here should be how fast will your mini go, take that other crap somewhere else:thumbdown::eek:ut:
dave

No problem Dave, I seen it on the sidewalk and decided i'd better hit the scrub brake hard for that one. No harm, hopefully just a misunderstanding between bikers.