New here, have a couple bikes Nd not sure what they are?

I'm Marc, from Iowa. I have had what I think might be a Bananza and a Fox. The Black one I have had for about 5 years, the orange one I picked up yesterday.

buckeye

Not neccessarily rare unless you live in the south.:laugh:

Top of the line, depends. If it was under your Christmas tree, certainly. If you looked in the catalog, not so good. There were better bikes. Perspective, I guess.

Yea these seem very simple. I've searched a little but cannot find one exactly the same as the bird I have. Any idea what year they were made?

toomanytoys

Those are about as simple as you can get. The birds are a dime a dozen really.

Trail horse is a great minibike, many people here are nuts about them. I prefer my minibikes to have at least some suspension.

From the information I have gained here, I'd say the orange one is a mid/late 70s as it has gussets on the frame by the neck. I think I am right in saying earlier birds from 60s and early 70s didn't have those gussets. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Basically you have 2 basic minibikes, that are a lot of fun.

That is the reason I bought them! I wanted to make sure they werent something special before I trail ride them all over. Id like to keep an eye out for a somewhat rare one to restore.