New hobby

BigV

Thanks again

Thanks again my friends :thumbsup: I am buying the TAV 40/41 from my battle buddy for $100. Is there a way I can just replace the 10 tooth sprocket on the TAV to work on the #35 Tire sprocket? I would have just bought a new TAV but money is tight. I am working with enough money to buy the Azusa kit and TAV from my buddy. I would have to wait another couple of months so modification or simple part replacements are a must, lol. I just want to thank you guys for your knowledge and advice, you guys a great! This will be my first bike and I can't wait to get it and modify it a little bit.

Thanks
V

BigV

Governor

Yo Guys,

I am debating whether or not to remove the governor. If I do, is there something I should do or know after I remove it? I know by removing it I will be increasing the rpm range to basically red line status. Will it be safe for me to run without it with stock parts?

Thanks,
Big

BigV

Douglas DWT Q+ 6 X 8.25

Yo Guys,

I'm stuck again...I am trying to find Turf rubber for these rims, Douglas DWT Q+ 6 X 8.25. I don't want to use slicks on these rims, but man I am having trouble locating turf tires. Somebody please help me! Any advice will be great, just point me in the right direction and everything will be golden! Or even better, any over 8.25 wide.

Thanks,
BigV

Yo Guys,

I am debating whether or not to remove the governor. If I do, is there something I should do or know after I remove it? I know by removing it I will be increasing the rpm range to basically red line status. Will it be safe for me to run without it with stock parts?

Thanks,
Big
Welcome to OldMiniBikes and thanks for your service.

Last edited:
If your talking 6" rims 8.25" wide the largest tire I've seen that would fit it nicely I've only seen offered on Ebay. It was a 15x9x6 with a real good tread pattern. Other wise the largest turf for a 6" rim is 15x6x6. Gokart rain tires are available but cost alot. May want to rethink your rim size. I see a 15x6.50x6 wheel assy on NorthernTools website.

Last edited:

BigV

Mini bike legal to ride?

Hello my friends!

I just about finished my mini bike and rode it around a few times.
I had a blast! Now i am just wondering if its illegal to ride them? I my neighbor reported me to the Florida Sheriffs, but no knock on the door yet. My bike has a muffler and its not really that loud and I am just wondering why people are hating :shrug: I am not bothering anybody and people are trying to ruin a father and son bonding time. Now if anybody could tell me whether or not its ok to ride I will gladly appreciate it. Thanks My friends.

BigV out...

Oh, I will post a picture up when I can figure out how, lol.

buckeye

Registered and licienced??? Insured???

If the answer to any one of these questions is no, then illegal.

Some people just have to have something to complain about.
Shitbag for the neighbor.:laugh:

old-timer

Scamming Member
They do the same crap up here in NH. God forbid someone see you run down the rode on your mini :doah: They seem to have nothing better to do than keep neighborhood watch.

BigV

Thanks Guys

Hi Vic!

I too am a mini bike addict! I am hooked on riding, right now I think I am about to ride again, rain or shine, I will be cruzin! These people are just hating because I pack my son on our mini bike and ride around the block for an hour. I thinking about adding blinkers, head lights and an electric starter. Now the fun part is locating these parts and fabricating mounts. Oh and trying to figure out how to run constant power or an alternator on this predator engine...

Thanks Again Guys,
BigV

They do the same crap up here in NH. God forbid someone see you run down the rode on your mini :doah: They seem to have nothing better to do than keep neighborhood watch.
That's because you guys are just a bunch of criminals on them damn little Minibikes!!!!
Why dont you all just grow up???:1orglaugh::1orglaugh:

george3

Hi Vic!

I too am a mini bike addict! I am hooked on riding, right now I think I am about to ride again, rain or shine, I will be cruzin! These people are just hating because I pack my son on our mini bike and ride around the block for an hour. I thinking about adding blinkers, head lights and an electric starter. Now the fun part is locating these parts and fabricating mounts. Oh and trying to figure out how to run constant power or an alternator on this predator engine...

Thanks Again Guys,
BigV
Even with the ad ons it will not be street legal. Find a place you can ride off road. Your neighbors suck.

george3

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-timer
They do the same crap up here in NH. God forbid someone see you run down the rode on your mini They seem to have nothing better to do than keep neighborhood watch.

That's because you guys are just a bunch of criminals on them damn little Minibikes!!!!
Why dont you all just grow up???:1orglaugh::1orglaugh:
Dont let him fool you, I seen this criminal ride a couple different loud mini bikes around his house and not just one lap. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

BigV

Well this is the bike I built, I have it as my avatar now. My welds are not the prettiest and I still need to paint my bike. It sure is a blast to ride. I will be ordering more parts and will update later. Take care friends.

BigV