New member, first post, and questions...

Hi my name is Ron,
I live in Orange County, Ca., and am your standard, old school, backyard mechanic, grease monkey, jack of all trades, busted knuckles, do it yourself-er, with too many projects to do. LOL!

I am married with 2 munchkins, 8 and 9 years old, we enjoy Camping, Landsailing, Riding Dirtbikes and ATV's, Boating, and generally having a good time.

I have more "vintage toys",(read- Needs overhauls), than I know what to do with, LOL.
2 minibikes and 1 go-kart of late '60's early '70's,
(the go-kart was a gift to my mom for Mothers day back in '73 or '74, yep still got it !)
a near mint '78 Honda CT90,(my "baby")
a restored '71 Larson 16' trihull boat I/O, (resto-ed it last summer)
3 Landsailers from the mid '70's, (one needs resto)
A '56 Chevy 4dr sedan (1/2 way resto'ed)

a few newer ATV's, and a few trailers to haul the toys, behind my Truck Camper.

I am looking for info on one of my mini bikes, that I plan to restore soon.
(for my son to ride), and am trying to accurately identify what model it is.
I am 99% sure it is a Taco 99 or 100, but there are a couple of issues that have me scratching my head.

first-, the clutch cover it does not have a "TACO" Logo on it. (large or small ).
I have only found 1 pic here by "tomsprops" (I think), it says lynx 2 on the pic, that DOES NOT have the logo.

second-, the rear frame **loop**, is not a continious radius bend. it is a bit wider, and is welded at the center.

I have found, where a T100 is called a "wide frame", and another is NOT called "wide frame", but I cannot find any pics or descriptions of what a "wide frame" is, compared to a standard T100 frame.

I would appreciate any help you guys might be able to provide,
Thanks,
Ron
here'a a few pics..

clutch cover without the "TACO" Logo...

rear frame loop, note that it is not a continious radius bend...

rear frame loop, note it is welded at center...

Here's a profile shot,
ignore the new engine, ...I do have the original engine,(I'm pretty sure it's the original), that will be going back in...

I'll post more pic's if necessary, Thanks to all,
And I hope to enjoy this forum and learn more about the mini's
Ron

Last edited:
Hi Ron, Welcome to OldMiniBikes.com. I'm not sure what your bike is? If I had to guess I would think it's a 44 but I don't know Taco's at all. If I where you I would post that last, side shot photo under the what is it category. The guys will be able to ID it for you. In that category they will see it. Back here they may not find it.
Randy:scooter:

Welcome! your bike looks more like a rupp, to me than a taco, but then again I could be dead wrong.

Edit: never mind I just looked at the pics, I don't know what I'm talking about:doah:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies guy's.
after many more hours of research today, I have been able to determine what the bike is. and for those who thought it is a Meyers Lynx, you are correct.
It appears to be a 1969 Meyers Lynx model 65 (Meyers biggest mini).

I have come to learn that the Meyers Lynx was actually made by John Steens (of Taco mini bikes), for the Meyers company, makers of the infamous Meyers Manx and Meyers Tow'd dune buggies.

The Lynx is almost exatcally the same as the Taco T100, with a few minor changes to seperate it from Steens Taco line. those differences include:

1- The same clutch cover as the Taco's, except ground smooth with no raised letter logo on the cover, and replaced with a decal of the Meyers Lynx logo.
2- A smaller seat than the Taco's, and the seat mount are welded on the top side of the frame rails, as opposed to the bottom sides like the T100's
3- The rear frame loop is slightly wider, and is not a continioud radius loop like the Taco's.
4- The front fork tubes are larger diameter on the lower tube, making the lower tubes slide OVER the upper tubes,...
and to prevent the front wheel/lower fork tubes from falling off, the shock springs are tack welded to both the upper and lower tubes.

So all in all, I must say that I am still quite pleasantly surprised with my findings.
Although I WAS hoping it was a Taco,.... at least it was still made by John Steens of Taco,...
AND,...
He built them for one of the other most Iconic figures of the '60's and '70's, in the motor sports arena,... The Meyers Manx Dunebuggy co. !!!
YEA !!!
so if it had to be a "fake" Taco,...
at least it is still a Steens designed bike, built by Steens, for a friend OF Steens,...and is still a highly sought after piece of a era gone bye !
Double YEA !!!

Now I've got to get busy restoring it for my boy to ride, and hopefully he can have those same dreams and good times that I had on one almost 40 years ago....
thanks again for all your help, and for the warm welcome to your forum,
Ron

Hi All,
Joe Huser here.
I have just finished dis-assembling and removing a Heald Super Trike from my Aunts barn in KY.
The SuperTryke belonged to my Father in Law who passed in 1992 and it has been unused in the barn since then.
I look forward to corresponding with the group on the SuperTrykes restoration.
Regards,
Joe Huser
Cinci, OH