New Old Fart

HI! Seems like I died and went to heaven... Alot of cool stuff here.

Here's my first build from 1971, it had a side popper that was a basket case I carried home in a box. Took me all summer to get it assembled and running on a test stand.

Ohh... to be 11 yrs old again!

Sorry to say long ago it was sold or traded.

Sure wish I had the side popper, I even ported the block with a round hand file and shaved the head on a piece of sand paper. It ran strong would easily out accelerate and top speed a QA-50 that a kid in my hood had. and I weighed more.

Sorry to say long ago it was sold or traded.

Sure wish I had the side popper, I even ported the block with a round hand file and shaved the head on a piece of sand paper. It ran strong would easily out accelerate and top speed a QA-50 that a kid in my hood had. and I weighed more.
:thumbsup:

Welcome!

First time I shaved down a head I was about 13, 3 hp Briggs...started with a file and that was taking to long,got this brite idea! Put a glove on and got on my go kart dragging the head on the concrete road. A few trips around the block and then back to work with the file again did the trick....sealed ,ran good but I look back now and wonder how I got away with stuff like that...lol