New Production Little Bike

Today I went into PEP boys to buy some oil. I saw a very small mini which is powered by an electric motor, I love small minis. I have seen many on this site but knew that I would never fork out enough money to own one. Once I saw the bike in the store I remembered that someone posted a build where they were swapping the electric motor for a gas engine. I did not pay much attention to the post because I did not know where the frame came from. Now that I know the origin of the frame I went quickly through the posts but could not find the bike.

Bottom line is this, I have been busy over the last few years building another car. I also have another K&S in the shed that I will eventually restore. I WILL find one of these small frames and I WILL put a gas engine on it. I love this small bike complete with fold-down handlebars. If anyone knows about the post I am talking about please direct me. Thanks, thebronc4019

I saw that bike the other day in pepboys. Its a TINY electric mini that looks like the DB (but about 1/2 the size). Looks to be a nice little bike (frame). I didnt get the name of it either. Its 200 bucks I think.. Slap on a good little gas motor and it would be a blast! I'll try to get up there tomorrow and see what it is and maybe snap a few pics..

Neck

Growing up is optional
Nope that aint it

Like the man said, about a 1/2 scale db30, they look cool though! Maybe one of the H/F 100 cc engines will fit or even a 3 horse Briggs flathead. No knee room though.

pictures pictures pictures

I must see a picture, preferably next to a common item for size comparison.

I doubt the pepboys around here will stock them.

I do have a pocket bike engine that has CVT on it.

I should have taken a picture with my camera, Like born loser said looks like a half scale DB. Not at all like a pocket bike. Hope they sell enough of them where they start showing up broken so I can grab one cheap.

If ya don't get pics today I'll go by there tomorrow ... Just a few miles away from work but can't sneek out today
OHH man.....I wont make it till tomorrow.:scared:

I may just have to run allllllll the way across town to the pepboys and see what I can see.(but I doubt they will have one)

jeep4me

It's called the E-Rivet. Cost $229. Has a 350 watt motor and is 24volts. www.metalmotor.com they dont have them listed on their website but that's who makes them.

The handle bars fold down and the frame looks just like the DB30's. Kinda cute.

With some mods you probably could fit a small briggs or slant style engine in there.

I took these pics with my phone, sorry if they are poor quality.

It's called the E-Rivet. Cost $229. Has a 350 watt motor and is 24volts. www.metalmotor.com they dont have them listed on their website but that's who makes them.

The handle bars fold down and the frame looks just like the DB30's. Kinda cute.

With some mods you probably could fit a small briggs or slant style engine in there.

I took these pics with my phone, sorry if they are poor quality.
Thank you.

Those pictures are just fine.

That thing is small, I'm afraid my butt cheeks would be dragging if I rode that.:laugh:

A greyhound 2.5 ohv would fit with some work, a neat little machine from what I can tell.:thumbsup: Those are certainly made by the same manufacturer as the DBs

Clyde

Over-volt the existing electric controller to 36Volt?

I bet that squirt will move if the motor/controller will take the extra umph.
Electrics are sometimes street legal, and often real quiet.
{if you do rip-off the motor/controller/batteries; save them for a bicycle ----- OR maybe a two-wheel-drive hybrid MB:thumbsup:)