New to site, can you tell me what i have?

Pulled this out of the shed after MANY, MANY years. It was my first bike and i want to rebuild it for my kid (due in August) i know a little premature but maybe Dad can have some fun for a couple of years before i pass it along. I have no idea what it is, as it was a hand me down from the neighbors in about 1980 and it was kinda beat back then. I am trying to load pics if it doesn't work please look in my galleries to have a look. This site is already starting drama with my wife, i love it! who needs to paint a nursery or assemble a crib when you can play with your own toys!

Ya you got it, it's a 65 buick, the emblems and registration papers solved that mystery for me :D scat cat huh, would it be a 3.5 tecumseh as i suspect then?

This site is already starting drama with my wife, i love it! who needs to paint a nursery or assemble a crib when you can play with your own toys!
Ha! My wife actually thinks furniture should take priority over mini bikes. Shows how much she knows!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF7EOySgTxQ[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Exactly! how much fun is furniture, i mean our baby can sleep in an open drawer for 6 months, it'll never know the difference hahaha. I just found XsSpeeds pics, it is the exact same Scat Cat as he started for his wife. Thanks for the heads up you guys, now to decide on a 5hp or 6.5hp and whether to go with a tecumseh or a honda gx

If I had that bike and was going to pass it on, I would keep the same engine that is on it. I might rebuild/restore it, but I would keep it.

out of curiosity why would you do that? are these actually worth anything, i was just thinking a little more power and the reliability of a newer solid state motor

Maybe you should pay a little more attention to mom, do the nursery, put together the crib, remember she owns half now, and how do you split a mini? yeah you'll be playing with your own toy, by yourself!!!
dave