New to site, following in my son's foot steps!

Hello - My name is Scott. My son Ben (Owler10) has been on here getting info on the Sears mini he is rebuilding. He got me to look at a Rupp Roadster that was at the auction today. I picked it up and I guess we will be building 2 now. We have several similar hobbies, barstool racers and tractors but i am looking forward to the mini bike. I will post pics in the project log section. Thanks for all the help with Ben's Sears minibike.

OOooo A Roadster huh? Is it that bike with the sort of a copper orangeish colored tank that someone painted up? That bike had some NICE looking chrome from what I can see.. Anything you want to buy for those bikes is readily available.. The chrome is the hardest part to find. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys

I got a couple pics posted in the project section. It is a 1970 Rupp.

The chrome does seem to look pretty good, so probably lucky there.

The tank looks to be the original, just smoothed out. Looks like someone spent some time on it.

Yeah that chrome looks GREAT!! I would just use a soft cloth and some chrome polish on %99 of it... If it's REAL bad by the clamps and just a rag and polish just can't quite get it.. A very light gauge steel wool works good for taking of RUST rust.. real light gentle rubbing motion on the rusty pot itself.. Real light like Zero gauge steel wool works good.. I've noticed a lot of OTHER stuff will scratch your chrome VERY easily.. Believe it or not those green kitchen scratchy pads will DESTROY chrome.... makes it foggy like really super light scratches and MAN it ruins it... I think a rag and chrome polish will fix you RIGHT up... Looks like someone RE chromed the stuff OR spent $210 on Evilbay for it.... Can I ask what you spent on it after it was all said and done and over with? :wink:

Thanks. I will need to work on the chrome some. Been to cold here to work on anything! I think we did fine on it at the auction, we ended up getting it for $90. I wasn't sure if we would keep it or part it, but it definitely seems worth getting running. Plus I need to keep some friendly competition going with my son so he keeps working on his!