newely built predator 212cc oil on top of piston

I installed a billet rod an a wiesco flat top piston 2.756 standard bore an a dyno cam when installing piston the 2 oil rail rings in the oil expander ring droped in pretty easy, top compression ring I had to use a pop sicle stick is it normal for the first set of rings to go in no problem without a ring compresser ? first part of break in drained oil in a shimmy metal look with tiny pieces of metal is this normal to? refilled with oil an started it again ran for about 15 min drained oil clean as a whistle. refilled with oil , started it again oil started to burn just a lil when I was just giving it a few bumps of throttle so I turned engine off pulled the head in oil laying on top of piston on the bottom side u guys don't think I have destroyed my engine do u this was brand new oem predator that had never been started it already had a fresh hone cut cylinder from factory. please give me some advice if ever happened to anyone. I put 14 oz non detergent oil into motor didn't come up on the check stick so I add about 5 more oz idk if it to much oil or if I have really screwed sum up I hope not

well see when I first started it I held the throttle wide open on accident wasn't thinking it was upstairs for about 6 sec I shut it off immediately. started it again I guess it overloaded with fuel in raced up again real high idk if I have destroyed the rings or if its just not sealing the rings are the metal shaving look like dust is ok is that normal?. with all this information iv giving u, u think I should pull piston to check rings an rod bearings or what should I do. I just hope I haven't screwed up abunch of stuff.

Do you have your throttle set up backwards? Maybe that's why it's taking off and running wide open? I don't know about shiny oil. I didn't really notice any after I swapped my piston and rod, but I didn't look for it either. What does you cylinder look like? Can you still see the honing marks? If so, I'm guessing you didn't mess anything up. If it were me, I'd pop it apart and check everything if you're worried. Might add a little time to your build, but I like knowing what I'm dealing with. You might order a new set of rings. They're cheap, right? I didn't use a ring compressor, but I did use a popsicle stick. I don't remember any of them sliding in really easily, but I know the top ring took some work.

I mean I didn't have to use a posicle sticks for the bottom three rings but I did have to for the top one. when I tear it apart what should I check rod bearings and wrist pin in the piston wall an the cylinder for wear

Definitely check the cylinder walls. I'd look to make sure your rings are still in good shape. Since the piston is out, you can check the wrist pin and bearings as well. There aren't a lot of parts to disassemble, that's the best part about these builds. Did your ring set come with your piston? Are you sure you have the right set? I'm pretty sure all of my rings required some work with the Popsicle stick. Pics make helping a lot easier, so take some pics when it's apart. There are a lot of guys on here that know way more than me, so hopefully they'll chime in. Good luck!

Have you put a load on it? Its hard to seat rings on a free revving engine. I would recommend riding it. I had one engine smoke bad (kart engine build), I was worried..I put it on my mini bike and rode it with a load and all was good. JMO

Are you running synthetic or dino oil? I run a break in oil or a zinc additive then after a few hours change it to synthetic.

Are you sure it's oil and not fuel? I've seen some rich running engines that were soaked in the combustion chamber

No i havent got to put a load on it yet to much snow. I check cylinder wall in all is good i think i might had put lil to much oil to . But it seems like rings are trying to seat ima ride it hard for a lil while first good clear day i get only does it when engine is warm an when idling for awhile in hit the throttle just puffs out smoke white but goes away doesnt liger in the air idk whats going on i really appreciate you guys giving me advice i love this site. I just know ill never use a predator again i know there cheap in there cheap for a reason in now i know why each motor u get will micrometer differtnly ever time lots of yall have good luck with the just lot of money to put in a cheap motor u know thats what it seems to me anyways dont wanna rub any yall the wrong way just my opion in everyone has one i guess anybody else have any ideas for me i would appreciate it. Thanks to all

I just know ill never use a predator again i know there cheap in there cheap for a reason in now i know why
That is a bit harsh.

let me tell you something.
I never had better engines for less money than these clones.

Ball bearings, Iron liners, Over head valves.
This was just a dream not that long ago ( at 100 dollars ).

You had a run of bad luck, maybe made a mistake or two.
But its all part of the learning process.

Just step back from the engine for a bit and reason it out.
Without exception every clone I have came with issues.
Some were even junk others had thrown out.
But all the pieces came together and I made a few good engines of the lot over the years.

You can too, you just need to work at it and be patient.
The most pleasure you will get from this hobby is overcoming the troubles of a build, not the ride itself...

Mr Young told you this.
Have you put a load on it? Its hard to seat rings on a free revving engine. I would recommend riding it. I had one engine smoke bad (kart engine build), I was worried..I put it on my mini bike and rode it with a load and all was good. JMO

This is sound advice.
I have seen many engines glaze from not having a load on them and incorrect break in.
It happens.
But your engine is not buggered yet.
Get some nice weather, run 600ml of oil and put a load on it.
I bet your troubles will end....

You did not rub me the wrong way.
I want to try and encourage you.

Make sure you have the right amount of oil and everything is right ( check torque ect ).
Start it up and take it for a ride ( easy until its warm ).
Don't abuse it, but run it through a reasonable range of rpm and light loads and see if things clear up.

you have to be patient with this stuff, especially when you havent built tons of motors or encountered many issues... i have a little money in a couple of motor build projects now and the one thats running has been giving me a little trouble... all small stuff and you have to expect for this to happen, once you start modifying stuff... if you took a stock predator motor and just ran it, you wouldnt have too many problems... or if you had an engine builder. build it, maybe less problems... but if you are willing to do the work yourself, with less experience, you just have a little patience with yourself.. its prob something simple...

if it has all been put together right, then i would make sure the oil level is right... 14-16 ounces... put 30 wt oil in it and break it in correctly, under load... it took a bit to get my rings to seat in the hemi motor... had smoke until they set... and i followed advice from people like youngengines/newoldstock to get it going... its just going to get bigger and faster from here on out

other than how they are built, once you start putting parts in them etc, the whole "cheap" thing goes out the window... im sure if you had a blueprinted fully built clone, it wouldnt matter how much the block cost in the first place...

and i wouldnt run it too often, without breaking it in properly because you may mess the crosshatch on the cylinder wall up and then it wont seat properly, without a rehone, etc... imo

I mean u dont think i have glazed the walls do u i mean it high performance piston i know that prolly doesnt mean anything but i had head off this morning i could see still see the fresh cut hone marks i started it back up let it run for 15/16 min in then shut it off let it get to room temp in then my dad came in in i told what was going on i started it let it run for about 3 min to show him then i shut it right off all together when i first started break in i let it run for about 10 min small throttling dumbed the oil refilled started it again let run for 7/8 min shut it off drained oil refilled started again let run with a few strokes of throttle shut it off in then started it hear in there just cuz i thought o crap whats going on this my first time u know then this morning when i took head off i restarted it like i said in let it run for about 15 min with few hits of the throttle shut it off ate lunch restarted to show dad for about 2 min in then shut it back off does it sound like i have messed up i mean it has gotten better but im freakin again since u have said glazing lol god im a worry wort but im like yall in got 600 in this motor

I mean u dont think i have glazed the walls do u i mean it high performance piston i know that prolly doesnt mean anything but i had head off this morning i could see still see the fresh cut hone marks i started it back up let it run for 15/16 min in then shut it off let it get to room temp in then my dad came in in i told what was going on i started it let it run for about 3 min to show him then i shut it right off all together when i first started break in i let it run for about 10 min small throttling dumbed the oil refilled started it again let run for 7/8 min shut it off drained oil refilled started again let run with a few strokes of throttle shut it off in then started it hear in there just cuz i thought o crap whats going on this my first time u know then this morning when i took head off i restarted it like i said in let it run for about 15 min with few hits of the throttle shut it off ate lunch restarted to show dad for about 2 min in then shut it back off does it sound like i have messed up i mean it has gotten better but im freakin again since u have said glazing lol god im a worry wort but im like yall in got 600 in this motor

I'm sorry but I can't read this.
I know this is how you younger folks text and type.
But its hard to read....

I type this way because....
I talk this way ( and rather slow at that lol )