Nos Clinton 3.5hp

Davis

What bikes would have came with this motor and how does one date one of these the box shipping tag says it shipped in 1967.

Davis

I'm new to the forum as of today I don't quit know how to post pics just yet but the engine is at my shop and I'll be there tomorrow and see if I can figure it out I'm not much of a tech guy but it is a different motor the gas tank is mounted on the recoil shroud and has a gas gauge bubble on tank carb assy has a primer bulb 3/4 keyed output shaft.

Davis

Might have to text it tomorrow if I can't figure out how to send them. And yes it is possible its lawn equipment but the shaft and length are for sure to work on a mini I do have another Clinton I think it's a 3hp that came off of a efenel Lightning mini and it's not the same set up.

1stBxMopar

I'm new to the forum as of today I don't quit know how to post pics just yet but the engine is at my shop and I'll be there tomorrow and see if I can figure it out I'm not much of a tech guy but it is a different motor the gas tank is mounted on the recoil shroud and has a gas gauge bubble on tank carb assy has a primer bulb 3/4 keyed output shaft.
This is one of my Clinton engines, from your description I'm guessing this is the same motor you have. I sent you a PM with my number....

Last edited:

1stBxMopar

To answer your original question of what bike would have come with this engine...
Check out the motor on the bike in this brochure...(your PM box may blow up)

Bonanza BC 1200...