NOS Tecumseh Flag decals

I am looking for some new old stock flag decals. 3.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 5, 6 , 7hp or blank, doesn't matter. Also looking for balloon decals. I know there are repros out there, but I have tried them all and I'm just not satisfied. Nothing beats NOS.

I have a couple:biggrin: NOS water transfer air cleaner service instruction decals I could trade.....

I don't understand why the repro guys can't make them water transfer like the originals...I know the vinyl is more durable and easier to apply....but they really don't look original IMO.....

I think they look awsome ... IMO
I'm sure they look awesome and I'm sure Jim is a nice guy and does great work...my point is if you're going to go to the trouble of reproducing them, why not use the technology to make them like the originals....

Just because they look awesome doesn't make them correct. A lot of the mini frames, fenders, side covers, etc. used "stickers"...but the vintage engines used water transfers...which is why the original poster Mark G specifically asked about nos water transfers and not reproduction stickers. I was simply responding directly to his question:
I know there are repros out there, but I have tried them all and I'm just not satisfied. Nothing beats NOS.

Last edited:
This is what one of the repros looks like next to a NOS one. There is so much wrong here I don't know where to start.

I think I saw someone here (or was it ebay) selling some originals about a year ago? Where did they go:detective:

Yeah I was looking for the HP flags, also the lubrication stickers. For comparison, I have some nice originals, and repros on engines but its about 6 degrees outside right now and and too damn cold out to take pics. I may be in the garage tomorrow and I'll get some then.

It seems with the computer age here that a person should be able to scan the original water transfer decal to vinyl and come up with the perfect match,Imean you can do it when matching paint colors why not in this case.Do you think that the copy shop and print shops are afraid of getting sued for coping obsolete decals to a perfect match.:shrug: I had some decals made and I could not even use them 1/4" too big,went back and they made them right the second time.

I have been wondering this for a while now. Technology has supposidly moved way ahead of where it use to be and yet we can't make an exact copy simple water transfer decal?? I haven't built any model cars in like 40 years but what type decals come with those now? SOMEONE has to be able to repo these things-
I gave some perfect picts and measurements of some decals I wanted made to a big graphics company and when they gave me the actual decals the font wasen't even correct, close but not right. Seriousely how hard can this be-

am i the only one that has ever wondered about the lubrication decals on tecumseh engines?at the end of the decal where it describes the point gap,i've never encountered "beaker points" before;top quality repos:shrug:

My guess is the process to make water transfers doen't exist anymore so it's too expensive to try.
Nope, the process is very much alive:thumbsup: it's just a matter of finding someone on the "inside" willing to take on a repro project. I (with some help from some good friends) may have found the way:thumbsup:

Now I just need one, or some NOS WATER TRANSFER Flag decals. I DO NOT want vinyl. I DO NOT want reproduction.