OK, I have one, what is it?

mybiz

Your totally wrong:eek:ut:. I'll show you another one of this "HOMEMADE" :no: I know who manufactured them.:thumbsup: Do a little searching and you'll find a name for it. :blink::laugh::laugh:

MikeBear

Your totally wrong:eek:ut:. I'll show you another one of this "HOMEMADE" :no: I know who manufactured them.:thumbsup: Do a little searching and you'll find a name for it. :blink::laugh::laugh:

Because of a comment posted by "Mybiz" above, I've been searching since last night. I finally tracked down this minibike. I was told by the former owner it was custom made in Flint Michigan. He did buy it from K & M Kart shop. It's a "Kenbar MB-6" minibike. Wow, I can't believe how hard this was to track down...

http://www.monstermarketplace.com/go...-mb-6-minibike

I bought it today, and brought it home. It has a Tecumseh 6HP engine with an alternator. There's a headlight (not installed right now), and it has a Tav 30 on it. This thing has enough power, torque and speed, to put you on your ass if you don't pay attention.. I've got to get a replacement chain shield, and a rear fender, otherwise it's good to go as is.

Last edited:

mybiz

Ok sorry I can't hold back any longer. :detective::laugh:

[SIZE=+2]Parts[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]Parts Breakdown for:Mini-Bike MB-6[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]MFG., CO.[/SIZE]

MikeBear

Humm.... I see the forum truncated the link above, so it doesn't work. Let's try it this way. If this one works, you'll have to copy/paste it into your browser:

Code:
http://www.monstermarketplace.com/go-karts-and-mini-bikes/kenbar-mb-6-minibike
Or, try this one: Kenbar MB-6 Minibike ? Go Karts & Mini Bikes ? MonsterMarketplace

Check out that price! The guy I bought it from is loaded, but I didn't pay anywhere near that price, and this thing is built very well.

They were actually made in GA. Kenbar MB-6. I have one, and it's a great bike. Very powerful. Bobber seat would beat you to death, so I made my own larger, comfy seat and incorporated a mountain bike shock into the seat design.

MikeBear

They were actually made in GA. Kenbar MB-6. I have one, and it's a great bike. Very powerful. Bobber seat would beat you to death, so I made my own larger, comfy seat and incorporated a mountain bike shock into the seat design.
Do you have any pics of your seat mods?

MikeBear

Well i guess it did let me post the pic. I'm having trouble with posting here.
Thanks!

You probably need a minimum of 5 regular posts before it lets you post attachments. Since you only have 4, it probably didn't want to do it because of those restrictions. Though they can be overridden by a mod that notices, so maybe that's how it happened this time. Also, there's probably size restrictions and maybe you were over those. Just get a few more posts under your belt, and you should be good to go for that reason anyway.

P.S. I like your bike! Please post a LOT more photos of it, all around!

Last edited:
Thanks!

You probably need a minimum of 5 regular posts before it lets you post attachments. Since you only have 4, it probably didn't want to do it because of those restrictions. Though they can be overridden by a mod that notices, so maybe that's how it happened this time. Also, there's probably size restrictions and maybe you were over those. Just get a few more posts under your belt, and you should be good to go for that reason anyway.

P.S. I like your bike! Please post a LOT more photos of it, all around!
I gotcha. I appreciate the heads up. I'll clean the bike up this afternoon and take a bunch of pictures for you and explain some of the stuff I've done to it.

Here you go Mike. I bought this bike back around 2009, give or take a year. I found it on CL for a great price in Atlanta. I had been looking for a while after a Manco Thunderbird I had got stolen. The guy i bought it from had never taken at off road. From my understanding, he would only occasionally ride it around the parking lot at the storage unit complex where he stored it. So, it was in incredible shape when i bought. Black powder coat, with red fenders.

Things i did/modded...

1. Built the zeppelin looking seat with mountain bike shock for a little suspension.
2. Removed the fenders and painted them black with yellow stripe.
3. Painted the yellow accents on the TAV cover.
4. Added running light and tail light (made bracket to hold momentary switch that operates when you press the foot brake.)
5. Added blinkers (I've since removed the blinkers, since i don't cruise the road anymore)
6. Made a chain tensioner out of a skateboard wheel. The skateboard wheel came off the tiny skateboard deck i used as my
seat pan.
7.Wrapped the pedals in diamond plate aluminum for more grip.
8. Cut a piece of diamond plate aluminum to go where the HP sticker used to be.
9. Changed sprocket to 60 tooth, for a little more top end and to keep the front wheel on the ground. (Beast was a torque
monster with that huge sprocket.

Pics in post below.....

Last edited:

MikeBear

I like it! Nice job! That 60 tooth rear sprocket looks like it works much better than the 80 tooth one, which is almost as big as the wheel... You are also right about the torque. It almost feels like you could drive this up a tree, if you could figure out how to hang on.