Ok I know it's a Powell, but what's it married to?

#1537-C

Not as butchered as I thought when I first looked at it after comparing to mine, but the guy must have thought I was nuts because I couldn't stop laughing for like 5 minutes after I got into his garage.

He couldn't send pics and was trying to describe it to me on the phone. I was intrigued enough to go look when he said it was really old and had suspension front and rear...and also said that it look like a fat tire bike or something and didn't think the wheels were stock. I figured just about any old school bike with suspension ir worth grabbing...

Anybody know what the back half is/was? Anybody ID the wheels?

george3

I am too buisy staring to laugh. looks like an old yamaha or honda rear end. what a mess, If you paid more than 50.00 than I will laugh, LOL

What about the other Powell? Tell him the engine for it is on the stand with the high rise intake or is this your garage?
Engine on the stand is one I did some work on for another car and ended up getting rid of the car.

Definately my mess there. It's actually came a long way and in the process of cleaning house big time. I think we hauled out about 4 or 5 long beds full of stuff between going to my shed, the swap meet, etc.

I am too buisy staring to laugh. looks like an old yamaha or honda rear end. what a mess, If you paid more than 50.00 than I will laugh, LOL
Half that and it came with a small shaft Briggs with 3 different colors of tin and a 40 chain clutch with a broken snap ring groove.

The down tube is a classic. How did that happem? I think its time to hook up the brakes for some slower stopping, The quick stops in curbs and walls can be painfull.
Reminds me of my buddy when he was about 8 and learning to ride his CT70 - clipping along at a brisk pace when he realized he couldn't stop for some reason. He could either run into his dad's '56 Chevy or run into his mom....after weighing his options he made the right choice. Plowed his mom. Still has the '56 35 years later.

Anybody ID the wheels?[/QUOTE]

look like the same wheels as on my Scat Cat asc114 :thumbsup:

But I have to agree with Mac , they are awful big for 6" wheels:laugh:

The extra framework and wheels did make the bike look better:laugh:

Last edited: